Statoil Awards Wood Group Contracts for Brazil's Offshore Peregrino Project
Norway's Statoil ASA, on behalf of the Peregrino license partners, reported Monday that it is awarding a contract to Wood Group to provide four-year operations and maintenance for two wellhead platforms (Alpha and Bravo) and modification services for both units and the FPSO Peregrino in the Campos Basin, offshore Brazil.
The contract’s scope includes offshore services and covers all production processes and equipment except drilling services and introduces a new operating model for the field, as for the first time the company is bundling all these services in one single contract in order to boost integration and simplify the contract management.
“We have decided to group these contracts in line with our corporate strategy of simplification, cost optimization and production efficiency. We have been working closely with Wood Group in Peregrino field and we look forward to strengthening our partnership for the next four years”, says Pal Eitrheim, senior vice president for Development Production International South America and Brazil Country Manager.
Wood Group has been operating the two wellhead platforms since 2009 and has supported the Peregrino project throughout its development.
“The bundling of the contracts will bring significant cost savings to Statoil Brazil, in addition to simplification to our operations. It’s essential to take the best of what the market can offer to us and further strengthen the relationship with our key suppliers”, says Jon Arnt Jacobsen, chief procurement officer of Statoil.
About the Peregrino Field
The Peregrino field is Statoil´s first and largest operatorship outside the Norwegian Continental Shelf. It started production on April 2011 and produces today around 90 000 barrels per day.
The field is located 53 miles (85 kilometers) offshore Brazil in the Campos basin at about 328 feet (100 meters) water depth in licenses BMC-7 and BMC-47. Statoil holds 60 percent ownership and the operatorship of the field and Sinochem the remaining 40 percent.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.