Monahans, Texas, United States
Monahans, Texas, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Mechanic, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monahans, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
JUMPSTART YOUR JOB SEARCH - APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
We are growing! New operations for the Gray Oak Pipeline will begin in August 2019. This is an excellent opportunity to join Phillips 66 where you can develop your career in operations. For more information about Gray Oak pipeline visit https://grayoakpipeline.com/
We have the following locations available for Mechanical Technician openings. Simply click on the APPLY button below for a quick one-click application via Rigzone.
- Monahans, TX
Also, please feel free to review and apply for any other open positions listed on our Careers Page that you would interested in being considered for.
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for performing maintenance and repair on pipeline pump station and terminal equipment, which includes propane fired engines, diesel-fired engines, motors, centrifugal and positive displacement pumps, compressors, meters, valves, and other mechanical-related equipment. Conduct routine pipeline maintenance, eliminate and report product leaks, seeps and spills, as well as assist with construction projects. The position will maintain qualifications and record documentation in accordance with all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations to ensure compliance. The Mechanic will report directly to the Area Supervisor and work directly out of one of the locations detailed above.
Responsibilities may include:
- Ensuring the safe, effective and efficient performance of maintenance and operation activities in accordance with Company standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and directives.
- Performing work on air pollution control equipment.
- Performing required preventive and corrective maintenance on various types of equipment to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Identifying maintenance work and initiating work requests.
- Driving a company-owned vehicle within assigned area.
- Training less experienced employees and overseeing the work of contract personnel.
- Writing procedures, instructions, training materials and safety and operating permits.
- Diagnosing any problems.
- Performing and providing technical support for installations, maintenance, and repairs of mechanical, electrical, and rotating equipment.
- Maintaining current and accurate documentation of maintenance activities.
- Assisting supervisors in changing technology and budget requirements.
- Responding to emergencies and maintaining emergency response preparedness.
- Performing troubleshooting, repairs, inspections, calibrations and replacement of equipment as necessary.
- Performing equipment monitoring and maintenance documentation.
- Performing planned maintenance checks and calibration and timely submission of appropriate reports.
- Minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions by performing preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining mechanical and technical administrative records, including prints and project reports.
- Responding to emergencies and participating in Emergency Response Training.
- Driving teamwork throughout the area of responsibility.
- Supervising and directing contract crews.
- Participating in Safety Action Plans.
- Completing and maintaining required safety/regulatory training.
- Pursuing cost reduction opportunities.
- Complying with all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations and safety policies and procedures.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, Technical Degree or Certified Diesel mechanic
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must maintain valid driver's license
- 1 or more years of experience changing mechanical seals and general pump knowledge
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply with following, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- To climb various ladders and stairs 5 to 40 feet in height to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment
- To raise and transport articles weighing up to 50 pounds
- To walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain as needed
- To work outside in harsh weather conditions
- To work alone a high percentage of the time
- To make long commutes to work in a remote area
- To travel at least 15% of the time
- To be on call 24 hours a day and work scheduled or unscheduled overtime on an as-needed basis
- To wear fire-retardant clothing and other personal protective equipment, such as steel-toe shoes and ear and eye protection
- To obtain all required OQ's on assigned task
- 2 or more years of maintenance/mechanical experience in oil and gas field operations or similar production environment
- 2 or more years of experience with rotating equipment
- Basic level of proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word; and SAP
- Working knowledge of code requirements, including OSHA, Process Safety Management and Department of Transportation
- Certified level 1 vibration analysis or willingness to attain Level 1 or higher certification
- Experience working with electric digital and analog circuitry including drawings and schematics
- Ability to obtain environmental method 9 certification
- Willingness to be trained to perform basic technical task such as Rosemount transmitter calibrations, Allen Bradley PLC's, electrical motors and starters, Rotork actuator installation and maintenance
- Experience with Norberg, Sterling, and Caterpillar engines
Simply click on the APPLY button below for a quick one-click application via Rigzone.