Monahans, Texas, United States
Monahans, Texas, United States
Skills: Electrical Technician, Electrician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monahans, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
JUMPSTART YOUR JOB SEARCH - APPLY BELOW TODAY!
We are growing! New operations for the Gray Oak Pipeline will begin in August 2019. This is an excellent opportunity to join Phillips 66 where you can develop your career in operations. For more information about Gray Oak pipeline visit https://grayoakpipeline.com/
We have the following locations available for Measurement Technician openings. Simply click on the APPLY button below for a quick one-click application via Rigzone.
- Monahans, TX (2 vacancies) - 48469
- Three Rivers, TX - 48376
Also, please feel free to review and apply for any other open positions listed on our Careers Page that you would interested in being considered for.
The Measurement Technician ensures accurate custody transfer of crude oil and natural gas liquid for intra and intercompany movements in adherence with established Phillips 66 Pipeline Measurement Manual policies and guidelines, applicable regulations and industry accepted standards. This position will be based out of one of the locations detailed above.
Responsibilities may include:
- Understanding the methods of measurements used for custody transfer.
- Working knowledge of laboratory tests and procedures used to monitor and to certify products.
- Performing monthly Pipelines/Terminal gain/loss analysis.
- Utilizing common forms of measurement including the use of positive displacement meters, mass flow meters, turbine meters, and solids handling measurement and various tank measurement methods and systems.
- Working with company and outside engineers and vendors to design, fabricate and install custody transfer units to maintain measurement accuracy in accordance with company and industry measurement standards.
- Providing resolution suggestions regarding measurement system failures, including hands on troubleshooting and repairs when required.
- Eliminating, containing and reporting any and all product and/or crude leaks, seeps and spills.
- Ensuring roll-out and implementation of new measurement initiatives and policies and procedures and system upgrades.
- Reviewing and auditing metering systems to ensure end-to-end integrity and accuracy.
- Reviewing proving factors, flow computer and LC computations, data transmission, SCADA computations.
- Scheduling calibrations, inspections, audits, and other related activities with facility supervisors and other third parties.
- Programming and troubleshooting OMNI and other flow computers.
- Participating as witness to all company and third party prover and water draws.
- Assisting with the end of the month close out and subsequent proving of meters.
- Responding to emergencies and assisting in maintaining emergency equipment.
- Operating and maintaining a DOT covered truck and trailer as needed.
- Ensuring accurate and timely completion of paperwork.
- Performing housekeeping duties.
- Completing mandated safety and regulatory training.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent OR Associates Degree in Electrical Maintenance, Instrumentation or Industrial Electronics
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Maintain a valid driver's license
- 1 or more years of experience working as a Measurement Technician
- Willing and able to, with or without reasonable accommodation, to perform/comply with following:
- To climb vertical and inclined steps/ladders up to 20 feet on occasional basis
- To lift up to 63 pounds
- To walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
- To work outside in harsh weather conditions
- To travel up to 25% of the time
- To wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- To be on call and support Emergency Response activities
- Commercial Driver's License with Hazmat endorsement
- 3 or more years of experience in measurement (volumetric, meter-based measurement systems, turbine meters, positive displacement meters, etc)
- 1 or more years of experience with meter provers
- 1 or more years of experience with flow computers
- 2 or more years of Instrumentation and electrical experience
- Working knowledge of API Bulk Oil Handling Guidelines
- Working knowledge of API measurement standards
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word and Excel
Simply click on the APPLY button below for a quick one-click application via Rigzone.