Monahans, Texas, United States
Monahans, Texas, United States
Skills: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monahans, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
JUMPSTART YOUR JOB SEARCH - APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
We are growing! New operations for the Gray Oak Pipeline will begin in August 2019. This is an excellent opportunity to join Phillips 66 where you can develop your career in operations. For more information about Gray Oak pipeline visit https://grayoakpipeline.com/
We have the following locations available for Instrumentation and Electrical Technician openings. Simply click on the APPLY button below for a quick one-click application via Rigzone.
- Monahans, TX (3 vacancies) - 48448
- Three Rivers, TX - 48377
- Taft, TX - 48446
Also, please feel free to review and apply for any other open positions listed on our Careers Page that you would interested in being considered for.
This Instrumentation and Electrical Technician will be based out of one of the locations detailed above. and is primarily responsible for the safe operations and maintenance of Company pipeline assets located in and around the geographic area. The position will calibrate and inspect measurement equipment, conduct routine pipeline maintenance, eliminate and report product leaks, seeps, and spills, as well as assist with construction, maintenance and mechanical integrity projects on the pipeline. The position will maintain qualifications and record documentation in accordance with all applicable DOT and OSHA regulations to ensure compliance.
Responsibilities may include:
- Performing and providing technical support for installations, maintenance, and repairs of mechanical, electrical, and rotating equipment.
- Performing planned maintenance checks and calibration and timely submits appropriate reports.
- Assisting supervisors in changing technology and budget requirements.
- Maintaining effective spare parts inventory.
- Assisting in pump tear down/rebuild inspections and new pump installations.
- Working with Pipeline Integrity and Reliability group for new technologies around rotating equipment.
- Minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions by performing preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining mechanical skills by attending training sessions and on-the-job training.
- Maintaining technical and administrative records, including prints and project reports.
- Repairing minor electrical repairs.
- Troubleshooting control circuits for motors.
- Responding to emergencies and participate in emergency response.
- Driving teamwork throughout the area of responsibility.
- Supervising, directing, and training contract crews.
- Participating in Safety Action Plans.
- Completing and maintaining required safety/regulatory training (CBT).
- Pursuing cost reduction opportunities.
- Reading and understanding pump curves.
- Reading and understanding P&ID's (process and instrumentation diagrams).
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent OR Associates Degree in Electrical Maintenance, Instrumentation or Industrial Electronics OR Journeyman license in related fields of electrical, mechanical or instrumentation
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must maintain a valid driver's license
- Willingness and ability to perform and comply with following, with or without reasonable accommodations:
- To climb up to 50 feet using both inclined and vertical steps/ladders
- To lift up to 45 pounds
- To bend, kneel, knee stand and squat up to 30 minutes at a time
- To sit and stand for prolonged periods over 2 hours at a time according to job demands
- To work outside in harsh weather conditions
- To work alone a high percentage of the time
- To travel up to 15% of the time
- To respond to emergency calls as needed
- To work overtime on an as-needed basis
- To work with chemicals and bases
- To wear personal protective equipment (such as fire retardant clothing, steel-toe shoes, ear and eye protection)
- To maintain your face so that a respirator / face mask can seal properly. ie to be clean shaven (facial hair)
- To perform firefighting duties
- To work with hydrocarbons that are under high pressure and heat
- 4 or more years of relevant Industry experience (Midstream, Pipelines or Terminals) or Military experience
- 4 or more years of experience working with any of the following:
- Electrical power and components
- Digital and analog circuitry
- One-line drawings and schematics
- Allen-Bradley PLCs
- Rosemount Transmitters
- OMNI flow computer
- Mechanical and rotating equipment
- Intermediate level or proficiency using MS Office and SAP
Simply click on the APPLY button below for a quick one-click application via Rigzone.