Monahans, Texas, United States
Monahans, Texas, United States
Skills: Oil Terminal / Storage Management, Process Technician, Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Monahans, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
JUMPSTART YOUR JOB SEARCH - APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
We are growing! New operations for the Gray Oak Pipeline will begin in August 2019. This is an excellent opportunity to join Phillips 66 where you can develop your career in operations. For more information about Gray Oak pipeline visit https://grayoakpipeline.com/
We have the following locations available for Technical Operator openings. Simply click on the APPLY button below for a quick one-click application via Rigzone.
- Monahans, TX (3 Vacancies) - 48457
- Helena, TX - 48372
- Three Rivers, TX - 48455
Also, please feel free to review and apply for any other open positions listed on our Careers Page that you would interested in being considered for.
The Technical Operator is responsible for providing support for operations by maintaining and operating equipment and processes at a designated Midstream Terminal. The role will participate as an integral team member and will be a key contributor to the organization from a support capacity. *NOTE: Conditions of employment include successful completion of an entry-level test. As part of your application you must complete the online assessment within 7 days of applying online.
Responsibilities may include:
- Ensuring quality and quantity of refined products and/or crude oils.
- Identifying and resolving scheduling conflicts in a timely manner.
- Ensuring timely completion of all required paperwork.
- Staying abreast of changes in operation requirements, policies and processes.
- Performing operational duties in accordance with the Terminal Operating and Procedures and Site-Specific Procedures.
- Compliance with all internal and external policies and procedures.
- Responding to emergencies, maintaining emergency equipment and participating in emergency response training and exercises.
- Completing mandated safety and regulatory training (computer-based and instructor led training).
- Monitoring controls and establishing valve line-ups for pipeline delivery and receipts.
- Maintaining effective and professional relationships with customers and responding promptly to their needs.
- Performing environmental and regulatory checks (eliminating, containing and reporting all product seeps and spills).
- Performing security and equipment facility rounds, minimizing downtime and unsafe conditions.
- Assisting with new employee training.
- Completing daily, weekly, monthly and annual inventory reconciliation, including agency and other required reports.
- Performing Lock Out/Tag Out, Hot Work Permits, Excavation Permits, and Confined Space Entry permits for safe and effective execution of work.
- Performing TPIC (Terminal Person in Charge) duties at the marine dock.
- Complying with Waste Management per local Environmental processes in addition to SPCC, DOT, TRRC, USCG and Measurement Manual.
- Acting as Terminal Person in Charge (TPIC).
- Performing work in accordance with Operator Qualifications (OQ's).
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent OR Associates Degree in Process Operations or related technical field
- Must maintain valid driver's license
- 18 years of age or older
- Willing and able to perform/comply, with or without a reasonable accommodation, with the following:
- To climb various ladders and stairs to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment are a part of this position. The ladders and stairs typically range from 5 to 40 feet in height
- To raise and transport articles weighing up to 50 pounds
- To walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
- To work outside in harsh weather conditions
- To wear personal protective equipment, such as flame retardant clothing, eye protection, ear protection, steel-toed boots, hard hat, etc.
- To be on call, work overtime, nights, weekends, or holidays on an as-needed basis
- To work alone a high percentage of the time
- To work a 12-hour rotating shift
- 4 or more years of relative Industry experience in the oil and gas industry or Military experience
- 4 or more years of experience working with any of the following:
- Process controls and oil movements
- P&ID drawings
- Refined products and/or crude oil quality specifications
- Mechanical and rotating equipment
Simply click on the APPLY button below for a quick one-click application via Rigzone.