Pipe FitterPipefitter- Job Description Job Overview:
Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water fixtures and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and production and processing systems. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe using pipe-bending tools and machine.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meter, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping.
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Perform other duties as required.
- NCCER Craft certification or relevant certification with experience
- 4 years of experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
- The degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on months of experience.
You can go direct to our careers page below and apply to the position you qualify for:https://www.enermech.com/careers
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems.
- Plan work and select proper tools.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings.
- Work at heights without fear.
We welcome applications from internal EnerMech Mechanical Services employee applicants for this opportunity, however in order to be eligible to apply to for a new job employee must have one (1) year of service in their current job and be in good standing. You will need your Supervisor approval to apply for jobs outside of your current Department. Your Supervisor will be contacted for an internal reference if your application advances to the formal interview.
EnerMech Mechanical Services employs 3000 staff across 40 locations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Caspian, Asia, Australia and the Americas, and has evolved in to one of the world's leading integrated engineering contractors, continuing to serve the energy sector whilst expanding its service offering into new sectors, including renewables, LNG, defense, power, infrastructure and petrochemicals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.EnerMech Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre- employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check, education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE WITH A CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear . The employee is frequently required to smell, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Courtesy, tact, and effectiveness in order to communicate with fellow workers, supervisors, and other members of the organization to request or transmit information, ask questions, get clarification, and exercise tact. WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.