Orange, Texas, United States
Orange, Texas, United States
Skills: WellSite Supervisor, Field Service Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Orange, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Firewatch / Holewatch
The Safety Attendant (holewatch/firewatch/bottlewatch), while assigned to jobs inside oil & gas refineries or petrochemical plants, will be working outside of confined spaces and will be responsible for monitoring and protecting the workers entering the confined space, and alerting rescue if necessary. The Safety Attendant will also be responsible for monitoring workers performing hot work, and will be responsible for protecting the workers and preventing fires, and if necessary extinguishing small fires The Safety Attendant will also be responsible for protecting personnel working under fresh air, and will be responsible for monitoring the air quantity and air pressure being delivered to the workers.
Directly Reports to:
Close working relationships with:
Commissioning and Construction Managers
Project Supervisors and Technicians
3.0 Main Responsibilities & Key Result Areas
The attendant will keep meticulous records of any suspicious or potentially hazardous conditions, activating appropriate alarms and promptly contacting emergency response personnel as necessary. A hole watch/fire watch safety attendant monitors and protects other personnel performing work in high-risk environments.
A Safety Attendant may be required to initiate JSAs, and read, understand and enforce safe work permits, hot-work permits and confined space entry permits. Attendants will document daily reports as directed.
4.0 Individual Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Health, Safety, and the Environment
- Apply EnerMech Group and where appropriate Client's Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Procedures
- Ensure that all Quality and operational procedures as identified in EnerMech QA Manuals are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures
- • Excellent vision is essential for the job. Attention to detail through close observation of other personnel is required. The attendant needs clear communication abilities to inform the attendant who takes over the next shift of any abnormalities or concerns that need close observation.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance Instructions, and procedure manuals.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience inside oil & gas or other petrochemical plants, a definite plus.
6.0 Experience, Competence, Skills & Knowledge
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a Safety Attendant firewatch/holewatch/bottlewatch field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a Journeyman or supervisor.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
- Plan work and select proper tools and safety equipment.
- Work at heights without fear.
7.0 Personal Qualities
Required for position:
- Strong personal leadership.
- Flexible attitude to working hours and shift patterns in order to get the job done.
- Personal integrity that can be a role model for all other members of staff.
We welcome applications from internal EnerMech Mechanical Services employee applicants for this opportunity, however in order to be eligible to apply to for a new job employee must have one (1) year of service in their current job and be in good standing. You will need your Supervisor approval to apply for jobs outside of your current Department. Your Supervisor will be contacted for an internal reference if your application advances to the formal interview.
EnerMech Mechanical Services employs 3000 staff across 40 locations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Caspian, Asia, Australia and the Americas, and has evolved in to one of the world's leading integrated engineering contractors, continuing to serve the energy sector whilst expanding its service offering into new sectors, including renewables, LNG, defense, power, infrastructure and petrochemicals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
EnerMech Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre- employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check, education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE WITH A CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear . The employee is frequently required to smell, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Courtesy, tact, and effectiveness in order to communicate with fellow workers, supervisors, and other members of the organization to request or transmit information, ask questions, get clarification, and exercise tact.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.