Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The purpose of this role is to provide the Global Commercial business with a CP professional to deliver best in class procurement strategies and techniques to deliver significant cost savings whilst delivering outstanding customer service to stakeholders, with the focus on big 5, Tier 2 Additives portfolio in SEA region. Reporting to the Procurement Manager Lead, COGS, this high profile and highly-visible role will be key to the delivery of Global Commercial targets in the region.
We are seeking an exceptional individual, preferably located in Singapore, to take up this key role within Contracting & Procurement, who will act as a regional Procurement Manager for the Additives Category. The individual would be optimizing the end-to-end leverage in the Additives category. The successful candidate will be expected to develop, win internal support, and then implement a strategic plan and accompanying value creation plan for Additives spend.
This role will deliver value improvement for the business to meet CP and stakeholder targets, meet OTIF objectives whilst following global RtP processes. The individual will ensure full compliance of governance and controls procedures. Maximum savings would be delivered through implementing 20/40/40 approach from Demand Management and Specification opportunities
In addition to the commercial responsibilities, the role is responsible for ensuring value creation via Contract Management.
Interfaces will include: Operation & LOBP Managers, Global Category Managers, Supply Chain Leaders, Regional Planning, GPM, PIM, Quality Assurance, and Finance. All value improvement initiatives must be intricately aligned with the various GC organizations ensuring an improved total cost of ownership and seamless implementation from the standpoint of our customers.
1) Deliver value improvements to Commercial Organization by developing and implementing Regional/Local CP strategies utilizing Price, Demand Management, Specification and Contract Management principles.
2) Support Procurement Manager Lead and Global Category Managers in implementing relevant Global Category Strategy within SEA region and maintaining CoB alignments
3) Drive effective management of Global, Regional and Local supplier relationships and negotiations in SEA, including resolution of operational and supplier performance issues relating to the contracts.
4) Provide a strong commercial influence in the thinking and behavior of the users of materials and/or services. Especially driving review of specifications and demand management.
5) Manage Business interface on a day-to-day basis with senior stakeholders and ensure all needs are met.
6) Work with the Contract Owners and Holders to ensure effective and efficient Contract Management and expected value is obtained during the contract term.
7) Move to end to end variable cost model for improved governance, cost position and workload management.
8) Identify and develop strategic suppliers who can support Shell in our business growth aspirations
9) Regularly review the business spend and strategically develop SEA(potentially East) category-focused long term plan
10) Work with key stakeholders to ensure all aspects related to CP governance & compliance are communicated on an ongoing basis.
11) Support Goal Zero via stringent application of HSSE standards during procurement proces
Shell is one the largest foreign investors in Singapore and began operations in 1891. Today, we have more than 3,200 employees in Singapore alone. The Pulau Bukom Manufacturing Site today is the largest Shell refinery in the world in terms of crude distillation capacity, which makes Singapore a key regional supply and trading centre for Shell in the East. Singapore is the largest petrochemical production and export centre in the Asia Pacific region. Shell Jurong Island (SJI) manufactures petrochemicals to meet the fast-growing demand for these products in the region. We also have one of the largest single-branded retail networks in Singapore, providing customers with a wide range of quality products and services. When you join Shell in Singapore, you can count on our commitment to help you thrive and propel your career by means of our industry-leading development programme and our available and unrivalled pool of local and global experts. Our numerous global and local skill pools as well as our diversity are key to our success and continuing innovation.
1) Supply Chain, Procurement Degree desirable
2) Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering results.
3) Good interpersonal relationship management, with the confidence and ability to build relationships with all levels of management and staff.
4) Significant commercial experience
5) Strong procurement experience i.e. CMCP - strategy development and execution, negotiations, contract / supplier performance management
6) Enthusiastic, self starter and team player
7) Proven Leadership Skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.