Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior Geologist for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
Responsibility for all geology work scope covering a number of other Non-Operated assets and the prospect portfolio. Responsibility for supporting Exploration activities across the UK sector as required. The scope primarily covers Exploration Lead and Prospect Evaluation delivering studies, interpretations and geological models to be utilized in Basin Screening, Play Fairway Analysis, Regional Geological Analysis, Prospect Evaluation-Generation. It also covers Static Reservoir Model Building, Appraisal, Resource Estimation and Well Planning. Providing assistance in the assessment and review of all geological aspects of the work conducted by our partners in our Non Operated Assets. They will support the Team Leader and work collaboratively with Reservoir Engineers, Geophysicists and Petrophysicists.
- Analyse, QC and make interpretations of geological data including core, log, biostratigraphy, geochemistry, seismic output and analogues from Partners.
- Prospect generation and evaluation including risk analysis and reserves estimations (deterministic and probabilistic).
- Analyse data for licensing rounds and provide input to the Exploration Strategy
- Evaluation of exploration opportunities (farm-ins, data rooms and screening of opportunities etc.).
- Scouting and analysing data for regional studies to help future plans and identify areas of potential interest.
- Work with reservoir engineers, geophysicists and petrophysicists to build / maintain / update static reservoir models.
- Identify areas for improving geological data and make recommendations for further data acquisition or study work.
- Engage with external providers to ensure delivery of high quality products
- Provide input to data gathering strategies and pre-drill data packages
- Analyse documentation and input to well proposals, decision support packages, FDP's, etc.
- Prepare relevant parts of well programmes in partnership with drilling
- Support operational decisions through incorporation of latest well data to the reservoir model during drilling operations
- Conduct post-well analysis and reporting
- Provide input to the Prospect Inventory and Licence Database management
- Participate in Peer Reviews
- Present to management and joint venture partners
- Actively participate in partner meetings, both operated and non-operated
- Educated to degree level in geology or similar discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years oil and gas experience ideally gained in an operating environment
- A strong understanding of geoscience concepts, to include structural, facies and sequence stratigraphic analysis
- Experienced in static reservoir modelling techniques and software including Petrel
- Strong understanding of key geological uncertainties and quantification of these
- Experienced in deterministic and probabilistic volumetric calculations using Geox
- Broad experience gained in a variety of depositional settings and basins
- Experience of field appraisal programmes and development planning
- Peer Review experience
- Confident at working with internal and external stakeholders
- Independent and able to work with minimum supervision
- Problem solver willing to consider new solutions and to lead discussion on adoption of non-traditional solutions
- Ability to lead projects and mentor junior staff