Freeport, Texas, United States
Freeport, Texas, United States
Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Other Skills: Tube Fitgter, Instrument Fitter
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Freeport, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Instrument Tubing Fitter - Job Description
For scheduled 12 month project in Freeport Texas
60 + hours per week scheduled
$101 per day per diem for days worked
Installs and fixes pneumatic, electronic and electrical instruments and devices including all related tubing, conduit and wiring for control process system.
- Cuts and fixes pipe tubing or conduit for the installation of air or process lines for instrument controls using hacksaws and pipe cutters.
- Installs instruments, instrument stands and control wiring to valves and strokes valves to verify operation.
- Installation and calibration of recorders, alarms, switches and other devices.
- Installation and activation of DCS systems.
- Installs and calibrates process control loops to design criterion set for each process unit.
- Helps coordinate movement of materials & equipment to work locations and sets up a work site.
- Completes and reviews records, maintains tools and equipment and performs various cleanup activities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of pneumatics, electronics and electricity.
- Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent and 4 years of verifiable experience.
- Preferred NCCER Craft certification or relevant certification with experience.
- Minimum 4 years documented and verifiable field experience.
- Normal work environment will be shop or field which will require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, working near moving mechanical parts, electrical energy, construction equipment, vibration, fumes, chemicals and airborne particles.
- Ability to effectively verbally communicate directions from craft journeyman and respond to questions from fellow coworkers and managers.
- Ability to read & interpret instructions, plan, document and perform work activities independently.
- Ability to solve theories such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Must supply own tools for specific craft day to day task.
- Work at heights without fear.
- Job may require moderate to heavy lifting.
- You can go direct to our careers page below and apply to the position you qualify for:
- We welcome applications from internal EnerMech Mechanical Services employee applicants for this opportunity, however in order to be eligible to apply to for a new job employee must have one (1) year of service in their current job and be in good standing. You will need your Supervisor approval to apply for jobs outside of your current Department. Your Supervisor will be contacted for an internal reference if your application advances to the formal interview.
- EnerMech Mechanical Services employs 3000 staff across 40 locations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Caspian, Asia, Australia and the Americas, and has evolved in to one of the world's leading integrated engineering contractors, continuing to serve the energy sector whilst expanding its service offering into new sectors, including renewables, LNG, defense, power, infrastructure and petrochemicals.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
- EnerMech Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
- Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre- employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check, education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE WITH A CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear . The employee is frequently required to smell, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Courtesy, tact, and effectiveness in order to communicate with fellow workers, supervisors, and other members of the organization to request or transmit information, ask questions, get clarification, and exercise tact.
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.