Seattle, Washington, United States
Seattle, Washington, United States
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Depending on Experience
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
This position successfully leads projects to reflect company goals, specifically safety, delivery of projects under budget and on-time while maintaining quality expectations and customer relationships. The position is responsible for the daily management of deck plate level shipyard operations including assignments and management of shipyard crew, project management, and customer relations. The position reports to the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list is not intended to detail all aspects of the assigned work but is representative of the position's overall responsibilities)
1. Act on behalf of the General Manager in his absence.
2. Be available and responsive to emergencies and other issues at the Shipyard during regular work hours as well as nights, weekends, and holidays.
3. Coordinates estimates into work plans and work schedules utilizing and ensuring materials needed are ordered and delivered timely. Coordinates scope of work, trade craft workers and subcontractors needed to complete jobs on time and within budget.
4. Promotes a safe working environment and acts as leading member of the Shipyard Safety Committee.
5. Directly supervises craft Foremen and Leads and is responsible for their quality and performance.
6. Supports the estimating and planning phases of the project(s) leading to direct responsibility in the successful execution of the project(s) to completion.
7. Directly responsible for identifying and coordinating internal and external resources to support the execution of the project. These groups include any and all departments that interface with production such as Engineering, Procurement, Human Resources, Safety, and Accounting.
8. Primary liaison between the General Manager and the trade craft crews regarding communications relative to performance on quality, budget and schedule.
9. Manages subcontractor production through subcontractor's onsite supervisors.
10. Works with General Manager for the scheduling, planning, and execution of vessel repair and conversion activities.
11. Identify and report changes in scope of base work package and provide recommended action/resolution.
12. Works with General Manager to maintain the facility and shipyard equipment maintenance and repair schedules.
13. Reviews employee training needs with the Human Resource Manager for recommendation to the General Manager to maximize employee skill base.
14. Member of Shipyard Safety Committee.
15. Works with General Manager and Safety Manager to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and permit requirements.
16. Assists in developing and implementing shipyard policies for standard work practices, personnel policies, and safety.
17. Leads the process of shipyard crew performance evaluations.
18. Effectively represents and communicates company goals and objectives.
19. Other responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to lead, manage and motivate employees in a production environment for maximum performance.
• Ability to develop and implement strategic plans.
• Must have strong knowledge of shipyard repair and fabrication methods, shop practices, shop supervision, safety practices, planning, scheduling, estimating, and regulatory agencies.
• Must be a well-organized, detailed and customer-oriented self-starter.
• Ability to read and comprehend work specifications, work orders, blueprints, contracts and technical publications.
• Ability to handle competing priorities and deadlines effectively and respond well to last minute, high priority, time sensitive projects.
• Ability to successfully multi-task.
• Must be able to schedule, direct and organize work within a diverse department and successfully coordinate with other departments.
• Must possess the ability to facilitate group decision-making, team building and conflict resolution. Must be able to react and perform in emergency situations.
• Must be familiar with budgeting, estimating, planning, scheduling and material procurement.
• Knowledge of OSHA/DOSH and applicable environmental regulations.
• Familiarity with and knowledge of NAVSEA Standard Items/CFR and USN ship repair a plus.
• Skill in operating a personal computer and assorted PC applications such as word processing and spreadsheets. Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office( Excel, Word, Outlook, Project Management ).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum 5 years of experience in an industrial/marine environment with increasing levels of responsibilities. The individual must have experience with and knowledge of shipyard production procedures, government regulations, ship repair methods and administrative procedures. This individual must have experience and working knowledge of all specific operations of the departments, including all machinery, tools, and welding processes/procedures.
Work is conducted in a fast-paced shipyard with moderate to loud noise levels from production activity in the shipyard. The individual will be required to be in production areas in the yard, onboard vessels and off-site projects to include other shipyards. Must be able to walk to and from job sites. This person must be able to climb inclined stairways and vertical ladders; to enter confined areas and tanks; to work at heights. May be required to work more than 8-hour shifts and weekends occasionally. Applicant must be able to frequently bend, squat, crawl, twist, and may be required to lift up to 50 pounds. There will be local travel and occasional out-of-town travel including air travel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Stabbert Marine & Industrial, LLC is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer committed to a diverse workforce including qualified women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans. Stabbert is a drug-free employer.