Skills: Field Service Tech, Electrical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Katy, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn , Twitter , YouTube and Facebook .
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
PERFORM PREVENTIVE AND CORRECTIVE MAINTENANCE, AS WELL AS IMPLEMENT MODIFICATIONS TO WEATHERFORD WIRELINE TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Perform corrective maintenance, to a component level, on wide range of Weatherford Downhole Tools, Surface Systems, and Ancillaries.
- Perform preventive maintenance on wide range of Weatherford Downhole Tools, Surface Systems, and Ancillaries.
- Provide quotes for repair and maintenance of equipment and forward to Operations for approval.
- Send requests to Manufacturing Buyers in order to procure necessary parts for repair and maintenance.
- Laisse with 3rd party vendors in regards to calibration and repair of equipment
- Carry out Modifications on Tools in accordance with Operations-Letters
- Ensure all work being performed is accurately recorded on JD Edwards Work Orders as well as in TOPS, OneView and other related systems
- Be willing and available to help out in other areas of Manufacturing such as PCA Testing, Tool Assembly, and Tools testing.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for WISE queries as needed.
- Good knowledge electronics troubleshooting skills down to component level
- Ability to read electronics and mechanical schematic diagrams
- Ability to solder surface mount components and use of high temperature solder
- Good knowledge of wireline logging principals and measurement physics
- Good Verbal and written communications skills
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet
- Minimum 2 year diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology
- Minimum 5 year experience in R&M of wireline logging equipment
- IPC-A-610 Certified
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.
Weatherford is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.