Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Fort Worth, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Position Overview: The Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of IT customer service in meeting incident response time and resolution-times SLA's, and driving down the quantity and frequency of repeat issues. This is done by supervising, mentoring, and assisting the Service Desk Team as "player-coach" in providing IT support and serving as the first point of escalation for dissatisfied customers and outages. This role also engages in planning and organizing activities that position the Service Desk to be flexible and adaptable in meeting the changing needs of the Company.
Reports to: Director, Infrastructure & Service Delivery
Directs Reports: Service Desk Technicians
- Ensures delivery of quality customer service through performing ticket audits and providing feedback to the Service Desk Team.
- Trains and develops the Service Desk Team on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques.
- Manages the daily operations of the Service Desk by holding the Service Desk Technicians accountable to schedule adherence, queue management, and policies/procedures.
- Monitors and reports on metrics to ensure the team is performing at both individual and team levels.
- Serves as a point of escalation for the Technicians and customers, to ensure timely and quality resolution or response is provided.
- Identifies process improvement initiatives based on findings in ticket audits, metric reporting, and trend analysis.
- Assists the Service Desk team resolving day to day incidents and escalated issues as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum 5 years' experience providing technical support for hardware, software, and networking components, including at least 3 in a supervisory capacity.
- In-depth working knowledge of the following technologies required: Active Directory, Windows 7/10.
- Customer focused with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up skills to ensure that issues are resolved.
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Experience documenting systems configurations, processes and procedures.
- Proven customer satisfaction/service skills and customer service mentality.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
Physical Requirements and Typical Working Conditions:
- Work primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential
- Long periods sitting or being sedentary
- Walking, occasional lifting up to 35 lbs., bending, stooping
- Frequent near vision use for reading and computer use
- Finger agility for keyboarding
- This is a non-safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
- Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
- Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
- Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Benefits programs
- Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
At Basic Energy Services, we are committed to being a leader in the oil and gas well servicing industry by:
- Providing services which exceed our customers’ expectations
- Maintaining a work environment that is satisfying to our employees
- Conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards
- Generating a financial return to our shareholders that encourages their continued investment in the Company
We strive to fulfill that commitment by getting the job done right, every time.
That means completing our work efficiently to industry and customer standards without injury to people, damage to property or adverse impact to the environment.
We make Safety an integral part of our Mission and our daily work.
At Basic, our Safety Policy is based on 5 key fundamental elements:
- Our employees are our most valuable assets
- All accidents are preventable
- Our employees’ primary job responsibility is the safe completion of their assigned work
- We enable our employees to fulfill that responsibility by providing the appropriate training, equipment and work environment
- Our employees are granted the authority to slow down or shut down an operation they believe jeopardizes the safety of people, property or the environment