Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Sample Coordinator provides customers and third party venders with technical product support relating specifically to Chemical Sampling at well sites. Sample Coordinators must be able to effectively communicate to customers the proper procedures to provide quality and correct sampling and shipments of samples to the corporate office for analysis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare and distribute chemicals and sampling kits and supplies pertaining to tracer services.
- Provides customers and third party vendors with technical product support relating specifically to proper sampling procedures according to the sampling design for any given well.
- Upon completion of tracer operations, required to maintain communications with client or third party venders during the flowback of the well, to ensure that samples are being collected as designed.
- Collect and track samples as needed
- Responsible for safe handling and transportation of all assigned tracer materials and equipment.
- Incumbent is responsible for maintaining the company vehicle that is assigned to him, including keeping the interior and exterior of the vehicle clean and regular mechanical maintenance.
- Deliver products to customers as needed.
- Make provisions to minimize accidents in the work place.
- Must be willing to travel and work on weekends.
- The incumbent will be on-call 24/7.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER BEING HIRED BY PROTECHNICS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
Must successfully complete the initial new hire certification program. Must complete up to three weeks of on-the-job training under the supervision of previously trained ProTechnics personnel. Through a field evaluation, must demonstrate competence in the use of survey instruments that may be used on the job. Demonstrate understanding of basic radiation principles by successfully completing the written examinations given in the classroom-training course. Incumbents must complete the classroom training course given by ProTechnics that teaches basic knowledge of radiation principles.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent required. Previous oil and gas service experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
Proficiency with Microsoft Office software preferred. Strong Excel skills will be required to complete job reports and paperwork. Some experience with Access preferred. A demonstrated ability to learn new software systems preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Basic math skills required including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver's license and a good driving record required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The working environment will result in the employee being exposed to various weather conditions in an outdoor environment, sun, heat, wind, cold, rain and etc.
- Employee will be expected to heed weather conditions and prepare accordingly. Safety and clothing for harsh weather conditions and work related safety accessories will be provided.
- Employee may be required to work and travel in climate and non-climate controlled environments. All appropriate precautions will be taken to ensure the facilities conform to HSE standards and regulations.
- Employee may be required to travel by air, sea, and public/private ground transport. Employee will be required to work at both onshore and offshore oil and gas well sites.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.