Skills: Contracts Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior Contracts Specialist for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
Responsible for leading the management and coordination of all four phases of the Procurement Process including tender strategy formulation, market pre-qualification, preparation of tender documentation, tender evaluation, contract negotiation, and post award performance and relationship management of a variety of Projects and Engineering related contracts.
- Development of high-quality pre-tender strategy documents;
- Pre-qualification of the market to evaluate and identify suitable vendors;
- Preparation of Invitation to Tender packages / documentation for one-off contracts or Master Services Agreements to assist with meeting requirements of Projects and Engineering Department;
- Leads detailed quantitative and qualitative tender evaluation, direct contractual and commercial negotiation in accordance with contracting principles;
- Liaises with key internal stakeholders to evaluate tenders and prepare high quality contract award recommendations;
- Present contract award recommendations to a range of stakeholders and obtain contract award approvals;
- Proposes incentivized performance based commercial models and KPI's for contracts;
- Process requisitions once approved by budget holders into Call-off / Purchase Orders, applying due diligence to pricing and Terms and Conditions, issue to suppliers, tracking return of signed order and expediting same;
- Negotiates and administers commercial contracts and system generated call-off orders against master service contracts across the business ensuring all call-off orders are linked to and embody TAQA contract terms;
- Responsible for contract risk mitigation and commercial optimisation ensuring best value;
- Provision of post-award administration support including contract amendment, negotiation of variations, application of contract recourse, participation in kick-off meetings, QPR's;
- Supports key supplier performance and relationship management including KPI's and FPAL feedback;
- Development and management of detailed project procurement plans;
- Ensures that the Supply Chain department Procurement Plan is kept up to date on a monthly basis as a minimum or more regularly as may be required.
- Assists Contracts & Procurement Manager and Contracts Lead - Projects and Engineering - with ad-hoc contracts requirements
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in a Business / Commercial or Quantity Surveying related discipline.
- Working towards CIPS accreditation.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Experienced in strategic procurement best practices
- Considerable experience gained in an oil and gas contracts administration role, performing comparable duties in an operator setting.
- Strong experience in contract and commercial negotiations.
- Experience in projects and engineering type contracts / tenders.
- Proven ability to deal with many key suppliers, build relationships and communicate effectively.
- Ability to develop relationships with key internal stakeholders in Projects and Engineering, Legal and Commercial departments.
- Experience of projects settings and engineering contracts
- Considerable experience of Microsoft office packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Detailed knowledge of LOGIC model contracts.
- Knowledge of Oracle / Maximo or similar ERP or procurement & materials systems.
- Willing to be 'hands on' to manage all types of contracts, large and small.
- Experience of drilling and wells contracts
ADDITIONAL SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Confident and assertive.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment.
- Strong negotiator.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.