The Head of Security (HoS) is responsible to Advise SMDS Management of potential and actual adversarial security threats as well as providing protection to people, and assets.This includes the following:
- Ensures and maintains a secure environment in consultation with Shell Corporate Security's Country Security Manager and Malaysian Government Enforcement Agencies.
- Engages with the relevant Government agencies and external parties on SMDS Emergency Response Management System and exercises (Security)
- Interfaces with Designated Authority, Marine Department as per ISPS standards and requirements
- Identify improvement and verifying compliance of HSSE emergency response system and security management system
- Develops innovative solutions to non-routine, complex security risks
- Champions compliance with the HSSE & SP CF (Security).Company Description
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell's heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started more than 125 years. Today, Shell maintains a strong multi-faceted presence in the country through our longer-term investments, innovation-sharing, and impact to local communities. We helped pioneer Malaysia's oil and gas industry and fuelled its growth. We discovered Malaysia's first oil onshore, then took the industry offshore, and most recently into the technically-challenging depths of Deepwater. Shell's strong retail network fuels the journeys of millions of Malaysian motorists every day. In fact, Shell is even able to offer one of the most differentiated fuel and lubricant products, some of which were pioneered right here in the country. We fuelled the ambitions of Malaysians: whether the generations of retail business partners; thousands of Shell scholars over the years; young entrepreneurs from our LiveWire programme; or Shell staff and alumni who are Malaysian luminaries today. Shell continues to be one of the top employers in Malaysia with thousands employed in our upstream, midstream and downstream businesses, as well as in our service and support functions.Requirements The HoS is responsible for the following:
Emergency Response Accountabilities:
- Reports to the HSSEQ Manager for the Compliance of the HSSE & CF SP (Security).
- Manages all security incidents and, if necessary, conducts investigations to ensure thorough enquiry is conducted. Advises business stakeholders during after-action reviews on security incidents/emergencies and provides recommendations to prevent similar recurrence.
- Champions a high level of safety and security within the Security team in order to significantly contribute to a safe working environment.
- Maintains close liaisons with relevant Government stakeholders e.g. the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM), Port Facility Security Officer, State Government Security Officer, on current Security threats and , issues and incidents. Be aware of potential security threats and share intelligence to ensure the risks to Company's peoples and Mitigated to ALARP. Develops and maintains a network of security professionals within the private sector in Bintulu
- Actively participates in the Shell Malaysia Security Forum led by the Country Security Manager, to share learnings and elicit assistance whenever required from its members. Displays a high level of Customer Service values, attitudes and behaviors, and encourage a service ethos within the Team.
- Manages security for Shell events and prepare e.g. appropriate plans, post-operational reports, if required.
- Carries out any other duty related to the position as reasonably requested by HSSEQ Manager.
- Represents the Security team at relevant internal/external meetings.
- Meets and maintains defined job (critical) competencies and appropriate training requirements
- Handles and safeguards sensitive security information
- Supports HSSE MS and Compliance audits as required
- Provides security leadership and direction in accordance with the HSSE & SP CF (Security)
- Provides inputs into the annual Departmental HSSE plan with regards to security management;
- Contributes to the operational management of fire safety systems, alarm testing & evacuations.
- Prepares, rehearses and implements security contingency plans (e.g. civil unrest/evacuation, bomb threat, kidnapping, extortion) according the schedule planned.
- Contract Management
- Ensures the Security contracted company complies fully with the Labour Laws, HSSE & SP CF (Security), HSSE Life Saving Rules (LSRs), HSSE Plan, HEMP, Contractor performance evaluation via KPIs, Contract revisions and renewals,
- Risk Management
- Conducts/reviews Security risk assessment (SRA) as part of security Risk Management Plan.
- Maintains the Security Plan of SMDS in accordance of the HSSE & SP CF (Security).
- Implements security awareness programs to commensurate with identified Security risks
- Legal/statutory requirements
- International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS) and Protected Areas and Protected Places Act (PAPPA) (Key Point Facility I)
- Emergency response
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience Possesses working experience with law enforcement/military/private security agency.Knowledge on basic industrial security and risk management including physical security, access control (including biometrics), CCTV surveillance systems.Has experience in leading a team of law enforcement/military/Security personnel.Ability to develop/maintain networking with relevant external stakeholders e.g. law enforcement agencies.Has working knowledge of the local laws e.g. Protected Areas Protected Places Act, ISPS Code.Disclaimer
- ERT - Site Safety Officer within ICS structure
- Shell assurance
- HSSE & SP CF (Security)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.