This Senior Process Control Engineering position is responsible for Complex Control and APC performance monitoring and improvement at Convent. The Senior Process Control Engineer also provides support to the Run and Maintain Control Systems Engineers related to base layer control, mentoring on process control concepts, methods, and best practices. This Senior PCE is not directly assigned to a module, and will be focused on opportunities in both the West production module and the East production module.
Convent's APC Platform is AspenTech DMC3.
- The PCE is primarily responsible for margin improvement initiative generation and implementation. This role is supported in developing the knowledge and interfaces to achieve that objective. This can also be accomplished through controls that improve unit reliability and stability.
- Where applicable, the PCE is responsible for becoming intimately familiar with the unit process, and therefore understanding the process objectives of the implemented base-layer controls and APC.
- The role is not a CSE for a production module, and although the PCE can serve as the CSE backfill, the PCE does not fundamentally have the typical CSE work process responsibilities (e.g. MOC, RCM)
- The PCE is primarily focused on long-term improvement objectives, but will also have responsibilities for run & maintain support.
- The PCE will be an essential developer and implementer of production team initiatives aimed at generating step changes in unit/module/refinery performance. The PCE will also be accountable for working with the CSE and unit Instrument Inspector to ensure that base-layer control, complex control, and advanced process control performance is maximized.
- The PCE is responsible for identifying and assisting the CSE in implementing changes that improve the console operators' ability to run the unit effectively.
- The PCE will work with other members of the PACO department to enhance the advanced control strategy, as well as understanding corporate process control requirements to ensure compliance.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In the US, we have operated for over a century and are a major oil and gas producer onshore and in the Gulf of Mexico, a recognized innovator in exploration and production technology, and a leading manufacturer and marketer of fuels, natural gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future. Because remarkable people achieve remarkable things.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum six (6) years experience in process controls
- APC and DCS experience is required; Honeywell DCS experience is preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing or technical support environment is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to manage the support of multiple initiatives with varying timelines is critical to success in this position.
- Candidate should demonstrate a collaborative mindset.
- Individual must be willing to dedicate the time required during intense activities (e.g. unit upsets, startups, turnarounds). Some shift work and or off schedule work for short periods of time can be expected in these circumstances.
- This role will report to the Convent site PACO Manager. This is an individual contributor role, but has responsibility to improve the overall process control performance and capability of the department.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.