Our client is looking for a Drillpipe Inspector for a permanent position, located in Peterhead, Aberdeen.
- Comply with company policy on quality, health, safety and environment.
- Ensure that all operations are carried out safely and in accordance with appropriate specifications and quality requirements.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with appropriate SOP's.
- Attendance at any pre job meeting / tool box talk.
- Complete all aspects of the inspection of Drill Pipe and associated tools as per instructions.
- Complete and review typed inspection reports.
- Attend appropriate safety and operational meetings when required.
- Identify any issues or concerns and assist management in their resolution.
- It is your responsibility to take care of your own health and safety and also the health and safety of others who may be affected by actions or lack of action.
- You are required to cooperate with all the requirements put in place to protect your health and safety and the environment.
- To raise your concerns, and where necessary "Stop the Job" in order to protect the environment and or the health and safety of everyone involved in the job.
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything that's been provided for your health, safety or welfare.
- To report all injuries, illnesses, asset and or environmental damage or any incident that could have led to any of these incidents occurring.
- Cooperate with risk assessments and Comply with their findings.
- Support your team members ensure they are made aware of their duties regarding Health, Safety and the Environment.
- At least 2 years' experience inspecting Drill pipe and associated equipment
- Understanding of Drillpipe inspection standards - i.e. NS-2, DS1, API
- Hold a valid ASTN Level 2 Inspectors certificate
- Ideally with Ultrasonic Testing experience
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external clients.