NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Operator, is seeking a Materials Lead in Edmonton, AB.
This will be a 18 month contract role starting ASAP with strong possibility of extension or conversion to staff.
The shift will be 5 days on/ 2 days off (Mon-Fri) 8 hours per day, regular day hours with some travel required.
The individuals MUST be local to the Edmonton area as no LOA or camp is available.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages requisitions for materials and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to job order priorities and material availability.
- Examines material delivered to production departments to verify conformance to specifications.
- Arranges transfer of materials to meet delivery schedules and ensures accurate record-keeping.
- Computes amount of material required to complete job orders, applying knowledge of industry processes.
- Oversees and ensures the compilation and maintenance manual or computerized records, such as material inventory, delivery, shipping and storage reports, and status and location of materials.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 20+ years of closely related professional experience preferably in materials management
- Bachelors' or Master's degree required
- General knowledge of industry equipment and materials with ability to positively identify components.
- Extensive knowledge of SAP material catalogs and search tools
- Extensive knowledge of how and where materials are used in the plant
- Work experience in Oil and Gas industry
- Advanced time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Advanced written and oral communications skills
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.