Skills: Commercial Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
*Please note this position could be based in Aberdeen or Trondheim*
Commercial drive the development and operations of Asset Integrity’s Digital Services business. This will include managing all of the processes and procedures that support the Commercial Management of the business.
- Promote the Company; support the development of Business Unit strategies
- Development of appropriate commercial pricing and cost models for digital services
- Define and formulate how to manage Intellectual Property both from a legal (with the support of our legal teams) and commercial perspective.
- Translate client value into optimised pricing models maximising Oceaneering return on investments.
- Development of internal business cases from inception through to AFE and AFE follow up.
- Development of client facing business cases to showcase value add for client by using Oceaneering.
- Use market data and insights (together with BD) to deduct key insights from product developments and the pricing thereof
- Provide commercial support and guidance to Operations delivery teams
- Provide commercial guidance and support to Operations
- Assist in the preparation of Contract Performance Review documentation and attend performance review meetings when required.
- The list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- Assist with any other duties as and when required
- Undertake specific projects as instructed by management
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Degree in Finance / Business or Engineering
- Experience in a commercial environment including Contracting Environment within the Oil & Gas Industry. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Experiences from technology focused industry and/or digital industry including legal practices associated with data ownership, management and use
- Stimulates team spirit in the working environment
- Should be flexible to travel for Operational requirements
- Ability to manipulate and coordinate large volumes of data quickly and accurately
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work to deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and composure
- Innovative and resourceful with the ability to think laterally to overcome problems
- Demonstrate initiative, drive and motivation to achieve company goals
- Experience in working for complex organisations across diverse cultures and regions
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Willing to challenge “the norm” and generate viable and workable alternatives
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
For the right candidate this position could be located in Trondheim, Norway or Aberdeen Scotland
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.