Skills: Engineering Technician
Other Skills: Improvement Specialist, Senior
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist for a 1 year contract, located in Aberdeen.
The purpose of the role is to accelerate the creation of a CI culture across the organisation by supporting the delivery of three key elements: a) building CI capability across the business via hands on coaching and training, b) improvement project execution that achieves demonstrable business results, c) building leader level CI behaviours. The role will operate across onshore and offshore locations as needed.
Deliver & Sustain Results:
- Contribute to developing an integrated site / plant / facility / function CI deployment plan and lead its execution ultimately linked to the business strategy and results and founded on the key projects identified for driving cultural change in Improvement Plan.
- Lead projects as a project manager, advisor, coach or trainer
- Participate in CI workshops, steering teams, ensuring compliance with RDS CI Standards, etc.
Deliver & Grow Capability:
- Coach CI champions and project managers with simple, practical approaches to deliver CI and other Process Improvement and Cost Reduction programs.
- Develop CI capability more broadly through selected Change Agents and Improvement networks / programs, Facilitate Teamwork (Cross functional Project Teams) and deliver CI workshops and targeted learning interventions to address specific problems/skills gaps.
- Lead the trainings with the support of CI Coaches and/or the CI Centre of Expertise.
Deliver & Grow Ci Leadership & Culture:
- Support leadership alignment and drive CI behaviour for leaders (e.g. active use of Visual Management and recurring huddles, drive Go See practice and use of Socratic Questioning method etc.)
- Drive End-to-end process thinking and ways of working
- Develop strong examples of business performance improvement success to be shared across the organisation and create a stepping-stone to expand CI activities to the next level.
- Experienced Lean Master or certified Six Sigma BB (minimum)
- Well-developed coaching skills of line managers and process workers
- Has Kaizen Facilitation experience
- Understanding of how to build sustainable change in organisations through Lean Management (e.g. Toyota Production System principles)
- Self-starter and skills to become effective very quickly in a complex environment
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Ability to deliver work through influence; successful candidates will be able to evidence strong examples of changing "hearts and minds" and are therefore most likely to be "people" rather than "project" led change agents.
- Oil and gas sector preferred but not essential.
- Has experience operating as an Agile coach or scrum master.
- Understanding and application of work process management and change leadership / organisational change principles.
- Proficiency level of Sr CI Specialist as per CI Skill Matrix:
- Business acumen & partnering - Skill
- Change management & communication - Skill
- Program & Project management - Skill
- CI deployment - Skill
- Coaching - Skill
- Training & facilitation - Skill
- Performance management - Skill
- Structured problem solving - Skill
- Data analysis - Skill
- Process & data management - Skill
- Automation - Knowledge
- A versatile professional, candidates will need to readily demonstrate the ability to act both as a change agent and coach.
- Suitable candidates will have experience setting up Continuous Improvement agendas and delivering substantial, successful programmes.
- The ability to engage effectively and influence people on all levels in the organisation is key.