Skills: Directional Driller
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Cota, Cundinamarca, Colombia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
He/She reports to the Product and Service Delivery Manager for Directional Drilling services.
Successful Position holders are excellent communicators, enjoy solving problems, and work well in teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparing and running downhole tools such as motors, rotary steerable systems, measuring and logging while drilling tools
- Steer the well as per drilling plan.
- Government radiation license (preferable, not mandatory).
- Monitor downhole tools performance.
- Interface with client and rig crew at the rig site and office team.
- Build an effective communication.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years' experience as MLWD engineer and 3 years Directional Driller.
- 2 or 3 years' associate degree from technical college, or bachelor's degree in engineering or applied science.
- Knowledge of BHA, downhole tools, surface system and specific systems.
- Experience in some of the following fields: Llanos (Akacias, Castilla, Chichimene), Rubiales, Putumayo and Arauca.
- Candidates must be fluent in Spanish and English medium level the least.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside Colombia, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.