Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Ningbo, Zhejiang, China
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
With leading experience in product innovation, client value for more than one century, Chevron lubricants provide products and services under Chevron, Texaco, Caltex brand for over 100 countries globally.
Chevron Oronite, a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, is a world-scale developer, manufacturer and marketer of lubricant and fuel additives and chemicals. Our product are designed to help enhance the performance and extend the life of many types of transportation and industrial equipment. The success of our global organization is driven by our 2,000 employees working in research and development, manufacturing, supply chain, and sales and marketing across 14 countries.
We believe that talents, partnerships and performance are the keys to making us a major international energy company. Chevron provides a dynamic working environment which allows our employees to perform their best.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of IT Supervisor located in Ningbo , Zhejiang /China ,
- Supervises and manages information technology function within China for all employees in China Manufacturing Plant, Beijing sales office and Shanghai technology centers. Directs the implementation, enhancement and on-going support of business system hardware, manufacturing and commercial applications and network connectivity. Maintenance and operation of both the Process Control Network and Business Network, Computers, applications and Software.
- Manages the performance of CMP IT Team. Holds PMP planning and review sessions.
- Develops and tracks annual IT capital and expenses budgets.
- Engagement with Oronite Business Leaders in China
- Acts as a business relationship manager responsible for the collection, analysis, review, documentation and communication of business needs and requirements to the provider.
- Works closely with other Functional IT. Checks for alignment and obtains endorsement on requests.
- Responsible for ensuring that Chevron IT policy is deployed and governed within China and that Chevron's IT strategies and objectives are communicated to the business leadership team.
- Ensures network, hardware and software are compliant with information protection standards and SOX requirements.
- Establishes and enforces all policies and standards for network and telecommunications equipment, server and personal computer hardware, and software.
- Purchases PCs and servers and deploys GIL upgrades. Purchases networking equipment and performs upgrade of local area network. Maintains and upgrades telecommunication equipment.
- Implements and provides ongoing support for corporate IT initiatives.
- Ensures high availability for network, telephone, systems and data to support plant manufacturing operations.
- Partner with business to identify business issues and opportunities that can be addressed through IT solutions. Represent China in prioritization of IT projects and initiatives at global level. Assist and facilitate global/ regional /in country project deployment.
- Keeps abreast of and leverage new and emerging technologies to improve efficiency of IT infrastructure, communications systems and applications that supports business needs.
- Bachelor's degree required in MIS or Computer Science.
- 10+ years of IT infrastructure hardware and software maintenance, configuration, testing, and procedure documentation experience
- 5+ years of working experience in a multinational manufacturing company
- 3+ years of experience in managing and leading a team
- Experience in planning, organization and management of information technology function. Budget administration, analysis, forecasting and implementing controls.
- Understanding of Project management methodologies
- Knowledge of PC, Server and networking hardware and software technology
- Working experience of SAP and Honeywell DCS System
- Excellent oral and written communication in English and Chinese
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gendier identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.