Position Title: Operations Area Superintendent
Location: Port Arthur, TXType: Permanent, Full-Time Days
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Oil & Gas Petrochemicals Operator, is seeking an Operations Area Superintendent for a permanent position to be based in Port Arthur, TX. JOB SUMMARY
The Basic Function of the Area Superintendent is to be accountable for planning and administering the area operations and maintenance activities, monitoring and controlling the department budget, providing guidance and support on turnaround activities, and maintaining unit operation within established environmental, safety, and quality parameters. The primary objective is to maintain the area in a safe, efficient, productive, and environmentally compliant position.
Develop and direct the performance of Union-Represented Employees and Salaried Employees, including Process Supervisors, Process Coordinators, Pipeline Coordinator, and Shift Supervisors
Direct the activities of all operating units in assigned area
Manage the expenses of the operating with an annual Operating Budget
Approval authority RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that the area operates in a safe and environmentally compliant manner.
- Monitor the quality performance of the units operating in the area.
- Improve area operational reliability through root cause problem solving, follow-up on identified corrective actions, and prudent risk management.
- Plan and administer area operations and maintenance activities in a manner consistent with Refinery objectives and compliant with optimum economic plan.
- Review operational and financial performance and initiate necessary corrective action to ensure compliance with LBU objectives.
- Enhance the area performance by training and developing salaried and union-represented employees.
- Work to establish and maintain a team concept and a positive work environment with salaried and union-represented employees within the guidelines of the labor contract, EEOC, and Company objectives.
- Assure that emergency Response activities are conducted in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with National, State, Local (Deputy Incident Command)
- Bachelor of Science degree in applicable engineering field or 15 years' experience accepted in lieu of a degree
- 10+ years cumulative experience in industry working with major refining or chemical plant
- Minimum of 3+ years supervisory
- Good communication skills. Ability to lead by example and be directive. Comfortable with making decisions. High personal and group standards.
- 24 hour per day availability, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
- Nature of responsibilities includes exposure to potentially hazardous working conditions
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a leading Petrochemicals Refinery who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Ashlee Vann.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.