Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Targa Resources Corp., a midstream natural gas company, has an immediate opening for a Senior Environmental Specialist, who will specialize in managing the Air Emissions Inventory Reporting Program for oil and gas facilities in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Kansas, New Mexico and North Dakota. The Senior Environmental Specialist will be part of the ES&H Regulatory Assurance team, reporting directly to the Manager - ES&H Systems Support.
The responsibilities and requirements of this position are the following:
- Owner of the Air Emissions Inventory (AEI) Reporting Program.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting annual air emissions inventory reports. Data calculations are managed within Sphera Essential.
- Understanding of Sphera Essential Air Module, or similar Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS).
- Strong understanding of state and federal air regulations that impact the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Work closely with state agencies for air emission compliance and reporting programs.
- Responsible for managing state agency information requests related to annual air emission inventory report submittals.
- Manage air emission fee calculations and payments to state agencies.
- Manage change management processes established for emission inventory equipment within Sphera Essential.
- Facilitates continuous improvement processes for entire AEI program.
- Prepare and submit TSCA reports, as needed.
- Manage data collection and analysis for annual MACT documentation.
- Manage contractors and consultants, as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of existing and proposed regulations through active participation in regulatory and industry work-groups, training, and conference attendance.
Minimum Essential Qualifications (include physical requirements)
- B.S. in Engineering, Environmental Science, or related field.
- 5+ years of direct environmental experience in the energy industry (oil and gas; refining; chemicals).
- Must have good understanding and proficiency of various emission calculation methodologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Intermediate level desktop computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio and Sharepoint.
- Legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than your current employer.
- Physical ability to work out in the plant site and accompany regulators on plant tours.
- Ability to travel overnight periodically, and with notice, away from Houston. \
Preferred Qualifications (used as a tool to prioritize candidates that meet minimum qualifications)
- 5-8 years of air permitting or air compliance experience in the oil and gas industry, or consulting environment.
- Worked on EMIS systems like Sphera Essential, opsInfo, Enablon, Enviance, or similar.
- Demonstration of effective project management skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside the company (regulatory agencies, contractors, consultants