Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Ploie?ti, Prahova, Romania
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Under broad direction, independently applies advanced geological interpretation techniques, makes decisions on geological and fundamental engineering problems and methods and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions, or to negotiate with key engineers and officials of other organizations.
- Executes all the duties and responsibilities of an Field Prof-SDL-Geo, II, yet is also responsible for supervising the work of subordinates.
- Responsible for the success of all phases of assigned well site monitoring jobs, therefore sets performance standards for the crew.
- Gathers accurate and factual logging information (Depth, Gas Units and Composition, Rate of Penetration, Lag Time, Pressure detection data, etc.). Interprets logging information to determine occurrence and composition of any oil and/or gas shows which occur while drilling.
- Analyses and documents according to SDL zone of interest and/or show reports.
- Provides lithological descriptions of all formations drilled and identify formation name, group, or member.
- Assembles mud logging information into mud logs and drilling database following established SDL and/or customer guidelines and procedures.
- Communicates mud logging information to customers as necessary to fulfill their requirements (morning report, show notification, engineering problems, delivery of mud logs).
- Performs any specialized tests or gathers any additional data as required by the customer.
- Performs safe, neat professional rig-up and tear-down when needed.
- Ensure smooth transitions at crew changes and shift changes.
- Completes training appointments as necessary to obtain safety, offshore, or other operations, or customer specific certificates in order to be able to go the designated rig site(s).
- Skills acquired through the completion of an under graduate degree in Geology and a minimum of 4 years relevant field experience, with an average experience of 5-7 years and completion of on the job development activities to acquire and demonstrate full competence in the job tasks as detailed in the competency system.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to standards required.
- Must possess good communication skills, arithmetic, data entry and recording skills.
- Ability to perform quality work under moderate to critical conditions with no direct supervision.
- This role is highly experienced and, due to the very critical nature of wells assigned, customer satisfaction is extremely important.
- Failure to deliver requisite data will likely be serious and expensive and can lead to bad customer relations varying in degree from slight dissatisfaction to very significant losses of future sales.
- This is a field position.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comuna Aricestii - Rahtivani , Ploiesti , , 107025 , Romania
Requisition Number: 67128
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.
Halliburton placed 2nd in the 2018 Rigzone Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more.