Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Instrumentation Technician, Mechanical Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
- Inspects hydraulic equipment for defects, such as misalignment, wear, insufficient lubrication, etc.
- Analyzes repair, installation and determines best way of making repairs to minimize interruption.
- Dismantles, cleans, repairs, replaces, installs, maintains, assembles and lubricates hydraulic and mechanical equipment.
- Adjusts equipment for proper operating characteristics, making either temporary or permanent repairs.
- Operates machine tools, such as drill press, pipe threading machine, power tools, etc
- Tubing, piping, bending
- Erects scaffolds and performs all rigging as necessary.
- Performs pipe fitting and other repairs of hydraulic lines as required and fabricates hose assemblies.
- Assembles or align gears, bearings and shafts, involving press, sliding and running fits in hydraulic pumps.
- Changes, sets up and adjusts equipment as required by current operating equipment conditions.
- Designs alterations to existing hydraulic systems.
- Performs minor electrical work required in the servicing, installation and repair of directional valves, solenoids, etcetera.
- Reads, understands hydraulic schematics, drawings and makes sketches if necessary for repair or installation work.
- All other tasks assigned by management.
- Secondary Responsibilities:
- Works with repair crews in the field
- Purchases part for hydraulic systems
- Performs light welding where required in association with routine/emergency repair or installation.
- Observes good housekeeping and safety on job site, hydraulic repair shop and maintenance shop.
Plans layout, fabricates, assembles, installs and repairs instruments, both electronic and pneumatic, including primary piping, tubing and valves.
EnerMech Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre- employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check, education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE WITH A CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear . The employee is frequently required to smell, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Courtesy, tact, and effectiveness in order to communicate with fellow workers, supervisors, and other members of the organization to request or transmit information, ask questions, get clarification, and exercise tact.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.