Electrician for Freeport TexasElectrician -Job descriptionSUMMARY
Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes; consistently completing work to meet customer specifications.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Obeys and follows all safety rules and policies.
• Wears all appropriate safety equipment (PPE).
• Assembles, installs, tests and maintains electrical and electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Connects wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
• Inspects electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Advises management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
• Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters and oscilloscopes to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Foreman/Supervisor/Superintendent.EXPERIENCE
You can go direct to our careers page below and apply to the position you qualify for:https://www.enermech.com/careers
- Licensed by State of Texas or NCCER Certified
- At least 5 years experience.
- Experience installation, maintenance and troubleshooting electrical systems in a large industrial complex.
We welcome applications from internal EnerMech Mechanical Services employee applicants for this opportunity, however in order to be eligible to apply to for a new job employee must have one (1) year of service in their current job and be in good standing. You will need your Supervisor approval to apply for jobs outside of your current Department. Your Supervisor will be contacted for an internal reference if your application advances to the formal interview.
EnerMech Mechanical Services employs 3000 staff across 40 locations in the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Caspian, Asia, Australia and the Americas, and has evolved in to one of the world's leading integrated engineering contractors, continuing to serve the energy sector whilst expanding its service offering into new sectors, including renewables, LNG, defense, power, infrastructure and petrochemicals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.EnerMech Mechanical Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability. Any job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of pre- employment drug screen, physical, criminal background check, education/employment verifications and reference checks. NO FELONIES AND A VALID DRIVERS LICENSE WITH A CLEAR DRIVING RECORD are required. All qualified candidates for this position must be eligible to work in the United States without VISA sponsorship. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear . The employee is frequently required to smell, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Courtesy, tact, and effectiveness in order to communicate with fellow workers, supervisors, and other members of the organization to request or transmit information, ask questions, get clarification, and exercise tact. WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; extreme cold and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.