NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Operator provider, is seeking a Data Administrator in Calgary, Alberta.
This will be a 1 year contract role starting in Jan 2019 with strong possibility of extension. Individuals would need to be local to the area as no LOA/Relocation will be provided.
The shift will be 5 days on/ 2 days off (Mon-Fri) 8 hours per day, regular day hours. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee company's data migration to new Data Management Software (Visions)
- consider both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
- write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- control access permissions and privileges
- develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- carry out capacity planning
- work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and other functional teams
- communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- Degree in Computer Science , Computer systems Engineering, IT or related field
- Previous experience with Visions Software is critical
- Problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with the main data manipulation languages and the principles of database design
- the ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- good organisational skills
- flexibility and adaptability
- the ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
Only Qualified Candidates will be contacted.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.