Skills: Drilling Manager, Drilling Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuwait City, Al Asimah Governate, Kuwait
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Will be accountable for engineering activity covering the planning, program preparation and execution of drilling and work over operations within the wells team. As part of the drilling engineering team, you will deliver engineering design, program preparation and operational support on new and existing wells. Working with multi-disciplinary teams, you will ensure drilling programs, program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on schedule and are adequately risk assessed.
The duties and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
· With a strong commitment to HSSE, take responsibility for planning and executing well
designs and workover programs for an oil or gas well;
· Ensure drilling programs, program amendments and dispensations to policy are prepared on
· schedule and are adequately risk assessed;
· Work closely with resource teams, geologists, production and service company personnel to
· ensure an efficient operation;
· Estimate and control costs for wells activities;
· Monitor all phases of the drilling operations, perform post-analyses for benchmarking and
· learning, and identify and implement appropriate new technologies;
· Travel to field locations to monitor and participate in drilling operations and perform thirdparty
· quality assurance and quality control;
· Make recommendations to engineering studies to improve drilling operational performance.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
To be considered for this role, applicants must have the following qualifications:
· Personal commitment and proactive approach to HSSE;
· Education to at least first degree level in engineering or related discipline / industry experience;
· Proven success in a Drilling Engineer role and demonstrated competence in well design for both drilling and workover activities;
· Knowledge of conducting assurance and review of drilling planning work;
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels;
· Demonstrated experience working with multi-disciplinary teams;
· Proven track record as a strong team player;
In addition to the required qualifications, the successful applicant is likely to be able to demonstrate
Competence with Landmark well engineering software packages ( DIMS, Wellplan, etc.);
IWCF Well Control certified or equivalent;
Educated to first degree level in drilling engineering;
Knowledge of pore pressure and fracture gradient prediction;
Education to at least first degree level in engineering or related discipline/industry
Sofomation is an international recruitment agency with profound specialization in Oil & Gas, EPC, IT, Rail, Logistics, Healthcare and Energy Sectors. We have an international dominance and cater to the various Fortune 500 companies across locations in APAC/MENA and UK/US since 1999, having our Global Reach by being strategically located in United States, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Malaysia, Singapore & India.
We are able to assist organizations in gaining a competitive edge by delivering highly skilled resources through a global search effort across diverse nationalities, which aims at bringing the best talent, in the market place.
Our expert team takes the time to understand candidate’s careers to date and future aspirations. This allows us to offer expert advice and help take their career to the next level.
Our Team replicates subject market experts and headhunters having in-depth knowledge which helps us to excel not just in recruitments but also enables us to understand and translate your business needs into key deliverable responses. Our focus is always on innovative and value-added recruitment solutions to maximize client returns through our unique state-of-the-art recruitment model.
We have hosted recruitment drives globally that speak of our success and light the doorways of abounding number of satisfied employers and employees.