ELECTRICAL ENGINEER/COMMISSIONING PROCEDURE WRITER required by our client to be hired on a contract basis, located in Houston, Texas, USA.
- Responsible to write commissioning procedures linked to commissioning activities related to electrical equipment.
- Responsible for checking and commenting of pre-commissioning procedures
- Plan and schedule test and check details
- Reports to: Commissioning Lead Engineer
- Ensures that commissioning works are performed to meet Project schedules and that works are planned over safely and in a timely manner.
- Develops the comprehensive detailed electrical testing process for execution phase including resource needs together with commissioning lead engineer
- Writes test methods and procedures
- Defines needed tools in motor solo run and electrical functional tests
- Plans the schedule for execution phase
- Attends in internal/external Project commissioning review, schedule, planning and optimization meetings.
- Communicates frequently with PMT discipline engineers as well as contractor responsibility persons
- The commissioning procedure writer is accountable of commissioning procedures and check sheets timely preparation.
- He is accountable of commissioning detail planning and scheduling implementation within planning tool and MC database.
- Accountable of commissioning tasks safe planning (HSE) on the field.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering or equivalent combination of relevant experience and training.
- 10+ years' experience in Refining or Petrochemicals construction and upgrade projects in commissioning, start up or in maintenance activities
- Proven skills with commissioning planning and execution instructions' creation
- Experience on testing of telecommunication equipment
- Pro-active and self-driven personality, hands on and computer literate.
- Capability of building and retaining strong working relationships at all levels.
- Proven skills for coordination and interface conduction, communication, work organization and team work
- Fluent English (spoken and written)