NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a well-known operator company, is currently seeking a Construction Coordinator for a contract role in Fort McMurray on a 8/7 rotation.
Reporting to Construction Manager, the Construction Coordinator shall provide construction oversight, and direct Contractors and Contract Inspectors regarding safe and productive construction activities in accordance with agreed Contract, and established Company and Industry Standards, guidelines, and government regulatory requirements
- Oversee the work of one or more field construction crew of Contractors
- Develops, reviews and approves construction plans and contribute to project execution strategies, scope of work, contracts, and Contractor management activities
- Provide safety/site orientation to Contractors. Addresses JHA, FLHA, regulatory and Suncor requirements sufficiently
- Builds positive relationships between PMT, CMT, Construction Teams, Operations and Contractors for information sharing
- Contributes to development of path of construction, constructability reviews, construction plans, contract development, Contractor kick off, mobilization and mobilization process
- Interacts with internal & external Stakeholders to mitigate risks in construction
- Leads field activities and facilitates and / or participates in incident investigations
- Construction, Operations, Maintenance
- 5 years experience is needed
- Oil Sands / Oil & Gas experience
- Domestic and Alberta project execution knowledge
- Cost / Schedule and Contract Management skills
- P.Eng or PMP or CET certification is an asset.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.