Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Deer Park, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
SENIOR LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
Saybolt - Deer Park, TX
Performs basic analytical test from well defined standards and procedures. Performs basic day to day laboratory duties as directed by the Lab Manager.
ESSEN TIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform routine laboratory tests to determine chemical or physical characteristics while insuring compliance with the Company's ethics, safety and quality assurance policies. The employee must be able to read and understand all analysis and safety standards in English, including ASTM, UOP, Global Safety Manual and IP and other well-defined analytical standards and procedures used in the laboratory for the specific division. Management will designate additional activities as needed.
- Verify and communicate results obtained, and to make appropriate entries into instrument logs, control charts, calibration records, laboratory worksheets, and any other media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure validity and traceability of information.
- Maintain documentation, equipment, and work areas in a neat and orderly condition.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree preferred; 5 plus years related work experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds, up to 25 pounds and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and explosives. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description, Production Enhancement, and Reservoir Management services.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.