Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Other Skills: SCADA, PLC
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is actively recruiting for I&E Technicians in Carlsbad, NM. Wood offers competitive pay, excellent benefits and career advancement opportunities.
- I&E Technician will need the skills and knowledge required to install, troubleshoot, and maintain plant/field instrumentation and equipment.
- Will include but not limited to transmitters, valves, switches, sensors, pumps, motors, VFDs, switchgear, lighting, transformers, etc.
- Extremely "hands-on" position requiring field work and the ability to support the field on an after-hours, on-call basis.
- Basic understanding of instrumentation, controls, control systems, safety systems, and electrical equipment.
- Read and decipher electrical and control drawings.
- Able to get online with PLC and use as troubleshooting tool.
- Understand the principals of flow, level, temperature, and pressure measurement.
- Install controls and low voltage electrical equipment, including wiring and pneumatic tubing.
- Configure, calibrate, and maintain field instrumentation.
- Minimum of 5 years oil/gas industry experience.
- Basic understanding of gas chromatographs and measurement standards.
- Experience installing and maintaining Total Flow gas measurement equipment.
- Good computer skills to include the Microsoft Office suite of products, as well as applicable industry programs.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.