Skills: Well Control, Production Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Watford City, North Dakota, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Wood is currently recruiting for a MSO (Multi-skilled Operator - Lease Operator - Pumper) in the oil and gas industry.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitor control panels to ensure that materials are being pumped at the correct pressure, density, rate, and concentration
- Operate engines and pumps to shut off wells according to production schedules, and to switch flow of oil into storage tanks
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment
- Repair gas and oil meters and gauges
- Unload and assemble pipes and pumping equipment, using hand tools
- Attach pumps and hoses to wellheads
- Start compressor engines and divert oil from storage tanks into compressor units and auxiliary equipment to recover natural gas from oil
- Open valves to return compressed gas to bottoms of specified wells to re-pressurize them and force oil to surface
- Supervise oil pumpers and other workers engaged in producing oil from wells
Successful candidate will possess experience as an Operator in the oilfield services industry, however will train.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.