Skills: Well Servicing & Testing
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Baker, Montana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Wood is currently recruiting for a Line Locator in the oil and gas industry. Local candidates only please (or willing to relocate to Baker, MT at your own expense).
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
The Line Locator / Line Finder will provide technical support to operation and maintenance staff in the localization of buried pipelines at oil fields. Respond to after hour emergency call outs and keep equipment clean.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Utilizes site plans, area maps, laptop computer mappings and other location information to locate underground lines
- Clean and maintain all issued equipment
- Comply with all safety regulations
- Possess good knowledge of equipment and tools needed for the job and be able to make the decisions; regarding maintenance of such equipment and tools
- In charge of day to day field operations
- Witness third party line crossings
- Follow all safety regulations
- Experience as a Line Finder / Line Locator, however will train the right candidates
Successful candidate will have basic computer skills, certification in line locator equipment (preferred).
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.