Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client, a leading Oil & Gas Operator, currently has a requirement for an Environmental Advisor to join them on a permanent staff basis in Aberdeen.
- Provide a competent and proactive service to onshore and offshore asset personnel to ensure that environmental requirements are fully understood and risks, controls & mitigations identified and put in place in a timely, economical and effective fashion, from operations through to decommissioning, including projects, drilling, infill, etc.
- Work collaboratively with OAG to influence and drive robust environmental management and performance improvement.
- Support onshore and offshore teams with environmental issues / concerns e.g. roll out of procedures, incident reporting requirements, coaching and awareness raising.
- Support development and enhancement of HSES Management System.
Develop, review and update relevant EMS and supporting documentation relevant to the operated assets to support compliance with BU EMS e.g. aspects registers, improvement objectives etc.
- Co-ordinate and manage all relevant Permits, Licences, Authorisations, Notifications and Consents and maintain the asset PLANC register.
- Collaborate with the Operated Asset H&S Advisor to prepare, execute and follow up on the environmental content of the annual asset HSE improvement and audit plan.
- In collaboration with the Operated Asset H&S Advisor, and HSE Lead establish regular monthly HSE and quarterly performance review meetings with Operated Asset installation operators, communicate issues and monitor associated actions as appropriate.
- Act as asset focal point providing support during interaction with regulators and other stakeholders (e.g. Offshore Petroleum Regulator for Environment & Decommissioning (OPRED), Marine Scotland, Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA), Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC), fishing organisations and environmental groups etc.) on environmental matters related to company led activities e.g. DSV, LWIV, Drilling campaigns.
- Collate, monitor and report on environmental performance and metrics associated with Operated Asset facilities e.g. EEMS and OSPAR and corporate environmental reporting. Monitor environmental trends/ issues raised from observation cards /active monitoring processes and share lessons.
- Ensure relevant findings from incidents / audits associated with Operated Asset are recorded in company systems as required, monitor and report on management of corrective / preventative actions.
- Undertake offshore / onshore site audits, assurance visits, incident investigations and awareness programmes, as required.
- Provide assistance to the UKBU Environmental Team Lead by supporting the preparation, implementation and review of environmental processes & procedures forming part of the UK BU HSES management system as required.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for an environmental aspect as requested by BU Environment Team Lead e.g. waste, radiation etc.
- Support and deliver emergency response roles as required.
- Educated to degree level in appropriate environmental based degree e.g. BSc in Environmental Science
- Minimum BEIS level 3 Oil Spill Management*
- Lead Auditor / auditing experience desirable
- Incident investigation training - 5-Y minimum, lead investigator level desirable
- Radiation Protection Supervisor Awareness Desirable
- BOSIET/FOET, MIST and Offshore Medical - or willingness to obtain
Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviors
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant experience working in environmental field in offshore upstream Oil & Gas sector (preferably operator environment).
- Breadth of experience including offshore production, subsea, drilling and well intervention operations.
- Proven track record in Environmental permitting including in-depth UK Oil Portal experience.
- Experience of regulator and stakeholder liaison.
- Track record of environmental auditing - preferably as lead
- Demonstrable incident investigation experience - preferably as lead
- Experience of developing and delivering in-house awareness training
- Experienced in working and influencing a mixed group of stakeholders
- Demonstrable intimate knowledge of UK Environmental legislation and standards.
- Extensive knowledge of EU ETS and comprehensive working knowledge of
- ETSWAP and EU Emissions Registry portal systems.
- Detailed working knowledge relevant permitting systems and processes including full competence in operation of the UK OIL Portal.
- In-depth knowledge of Management Systems specifically ISO 14001:2015
- Working knowledge of SEMS / CMAPP and SCR2015 specifically MEI and MPI requirements.
- Working knowledge of Synergi, PLANC Manager, Environmental risk assessment
Attributes and Behaviors:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrable experience and success
- Ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Drive and tenacity to generate measurable results
- Multi-tasking, flexibility and prioritisation skill
- Effective planner and organiser
- Clear vision, passion and drive to lead continual improvement, implementing strategic plans to achieve long term goals
- A passion to meet the corporate HSES goal
- Personal drive to go beyond compliance and to achieve HSE excellence and best practice
- Ability to use personal credibility and relationships to mentor or assist others
- Takes a pragmatic approach to work and acts with integrity