Skills: Environmental Engineer, HSE Auditing, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
Raeburn have a permanent role for an Environmental Advisor to work with our client, an Oil & Gas Operator, based in Aberdeen.
Only those with the Right to Work in the UK should apply. Raeburn do not have the ability to provide visa sponsorship, therefore current valid ability to work in the UK is required.
- Provide a competent and proactive service to onshore and offshore asset personnel to ensure that environmental requirements are fully understood and risks, controls & mitigations identified and put in place in a timely, economical and effective fashion, from operations through to decommissioning, including projects, drilling, infill, etc.
- Work collaboratively with OAG to influence and drive robust environmental management and performance improvement.
- Support onshore and offshore teams with environmental issues/concerns e.g. roll out of procedures, incident reporting requirements, coaching and awareness raising.
- Support development and enhancement of HSES Management System.
- Develop, review and update relevant EMS and supporting documentation relevant to the operated assets to support compliance with BU EMS e.g. aspects registers, improvement objectives etc.
- Co-ordinate and manage all relevant Permits, Licences, Authorisations, Notifications and Consents and maintain the asset register.
- Act as asset focal point providing support during interaction with regulators and other stakeholders (e.g. Offshore Petroleum Regulator for Environment & Decommissioning (OPRED), Marine Scotland, Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA), Joint Nature Conservation Committee (JNCC), fishing organisations and environmental groups etc.) on environmental matters related to PMO led activities e.g. DSV, LWIV, Drilling campaigns.
- Ensure relevant findings from incidents/audits associated with Operated Asset are recorded in company systems as required, monitor and report on management of corrective/preventative actions.
- Undertake offshore/onshore site audits, assurance visits, incident investigations and awareness programmes, as required.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for an environmental aspect as requested by BU Environment Team Lead e.g. waste, radiation etc.
- Support and deliver emergency response roles as required
- Interface with and influence operated asset team to drive HSE performance improvement.
- Achieving Continual Improvement through others.
- Educated to degree level in appropriate environmental based degree e.g. BSc in Environmental Science
- Minimum BEIS level 3 Oil Spill Management*
- Lead Auditor/auditing experience desirable
- Incident investigation training, lead investigator level desirable
- Radiation Protection Supervisor Awareness Desirable
- BOSIET/FOET, MIST and Offshore Medical*
*or willingness to obtain
- Relevant experience working in environmental field in offshore upstream Oil & Gas sector (preferably operator environment).
- Breadth of experience including offshore production, subsea, drilling and well intervention operations.
- Proven track record in Environmental permitting including in-depth UK Oil Portal experience.
- Track record of environmental auditing - preferably as lead
- Demonstrable incident investigation experience - preferably as lead
- Experience of developing and delivering in-house awareness training
KNOWLEDGE(E.G. SYSTEMS, SOFTWARE, PROCEDURES, REGULATIONS):
- Demonstrable intimate knowledge of UK Environmental legislation and standards.
- Extensive knowledge of EU ETS and comprehensive working knowledge of ETSWAP and EU Emissions Registry portal systems.
- Detailed working knowledge relevant permitting systems and processes including full competence in operation of the UK OIL Portal.
- In-depth knowledge of Management Systems specifically ISO 14001:2015
- Working knowledge of SEMS / CMAPP and SCR2015 specifically MEI and MPI requirements.
- Working knowledge of Synergi, PLANC Manager, Environmental risk assessment
ADDITIONAL ROLE REQUIREMENTS:
- Flexibility and willing to provide support and cover for other HSES team members e.g. during vacations.
Established in 1981, Raeburn has more than 34 years’ experience supporting our clients in the UK and international Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical Industries.
Raeburn is built upon a solid foundation of experience and genuine hands on appreciation of our client’s project and operational developments - from the very first generation of UKCS offshore platforms to onshore refineries, tension leg platforms, pipeline and subsea completions, deep water projects, FPSO developments and de-commissioning projects, Raeburn have effectively supported our clients at all stages of their UKCS and international upstream and downstream projects and operational requirements with qualified and experienced multi-disciplined personnel.
Our combined knowledge of worldwide Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical projects both onshore and offshore, operations and standards, our unmatched professional technical and commercial recruitment experience, pay-rolling services, access to one of the world’s largest Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical specific databases, and our proven experience in the fields of international Visa, Work Permits, Payroll and Taxation management, ensures that Raeburn are best placed to support our clients with their recruitment needs, and provide support and advice on industry related matters.
Raeburn are fully committed to supporting our clients with all their recruitment and on-boarding requirements, and have the scalable structure, experience and dedication to provide a high quality, unrivalled and professional services enhancing efficiency and adding value to our clients’ businesses.
Raeburn have an outstanding track record of delivery for the Oil & Gas & Petro-Chemical industry’s major operators, service companies and contractors at all stages of their developments both in the UK and internationally. We are aware of the ever changing recruitment market and the need to ensure we are pro-active in the delivery of recruitment services provided to our clients, specifically in terms of legislation, technology and contractual demands.
Raeburn’s growing success is built upon our knowledge and expertise within the Oil & Gas and Petro-Chemical industries delivering the very highest of standards and reliability in sourcing the very best talent available in the market. Raeburn’s management and our teams of dedicated recruitment professionals are committed entirely to delivery and support for our clients now and in the future.