Skills: Facilities Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Facilities Engineering (FE) Technologist located in Bakersfield, CA California.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Facilitates the cost estimates and budgets for Facilities Engineering (FE) including but not limited to project costs inputs and department budget development and tracking.
- Maintains the FE project queue and will be responsible for developing the monthly forecasts in preparation for facilitating the FE stewardship discussions for Budgetary Planning, Well Planning and Execution.
- Supports the FE Manager in facilitating Personnel Development activities, including maintenance of information, performing data analytics and coordinating personnel movements.
- Schedules, plans and facilitates significant events for the FE department, such as townhalls, forums, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with engineering or project execution organizations
- Demonstrated influential leadership skills with multi-functional teams to effectively deliver superior results. Ability to develop positive working relationships with internal external customers.
- Demonstrated experience leading cost initiatives such as cost tracking for projects, department budget development tracking forecasting and skilled use of systems of record. Highly proficient with Excel, SAP, UBW and Ariba.
- Experience managing data and performing analytics.
- Track record of directing, motivating and guiding technical teams to achieve results.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work cooperatively, at all levels, and adapt readily to the needs of diverse work group.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this positon.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Bakersfield
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.