San Ramon, California, United States
San Ramon, California, United States
Skills: PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: San Ramon, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Employee Referral Posting CR Communications Specialist (PSG 20-21) located in San Ramon, CA California / United States through December 18, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The Corporate Responsibility Communications Specialist is responsible for the development and execution of internal and external communication strategies to increase stakeholder's understanding of Policy, Government, Public Affairs (PGPA) corporate r esponsibility strategies and performance, and support Corp PGPA's Corporate Responsibility Communications team and will provide communications support to Corporate Responsibility (CR) Communications team on the annual Chevron CR Report, CR website and all associated communication channels.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Apply working knowledge of mediums and vehicles for internal and external communications such as: print, face-to-face meetings, web, power-point presentations.
- Support development of CR Communications CR Report and its execution.
- Draft communications from executive sponsors to decision executives and key BU/Opco leaders.
- Update the content of the CR website, work on the substantiation of all facts and serve as the day-to-day contact with the copy editor.
- Manage and distribute master copy deck to master editors and copy editor.
- Source and manage design assets, such as photos and infographics.
- Manage CR Report SharePoint site.
- Bachelor Degree required
- Minimum 3 years of PGPA or communications experience
- Requires close collaboration and coordination with multiple internal and external partners and service providers to ensure a cohesive approach to global external and enterprise-wide communications.
- Demonstrated skills in strategic communications planning and the ability to develop communications plans, ability to work successfully in multi-faceted/complex communications initiatives simultaneously and oversee tactical implementation. Strong, demonstrable communication skills (verbal and written) and some experience developing a wide variety of communications content (e.g. key messages, fact sheets, executive remarks/talking points, PowerPoint presentations, videos, brochures/collateral and knowledge of/experience in various mediums/channels (e.g. print, face-to-face, web communications, social media).
- Strong desire to collaborate and work on cross-functional teams; developing influencing skills
- Strong organizational and demonstrated project management skills (production schedules/timelines, cost estimates and budget tracking), attention to detail and the ability to produce high-quality output with minimal errors in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to undertake basic research and analysis, and analyze business and communications challenges; draw actionable insights, present solutions, and implement learnings to drive continuous improvement.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.