Skills: Production Operator
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Wood is searching for an A Operator with offshore deepwater production operating experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Functions as replacement for lead operator when absent, supervises personnel during daily functions to assure safe practices and a pollution free environment within the compliance of all federal, state and local governmental agencies.
- Operates, maintains and repairs all facility equipment, quarters and activities on a daily basis which include good housekeeping, parts and material storage, record keeping, shipping and receiving.
- Operates, monitors, tests, and maintains all process equipment and safety devices from the wellhead to the sales line.
- Monitors the performance of personnel, wells and production equipment to maximize recovery; Calculates daily rates, complete well testing, and reports production information; Determines gravity of condensate and salinity of water and troubleshooting to deliver the maximum sales quality and quantity of gas, oil and/or condensate to sales line and to discharge produced water containing less than 29 ppm hydrocarbons overboard within the capabilities of the equipment.
- Interprets gas meter charts and calculation of gas volume in accordance with AGA No.3 and liquid volume in accordance with ASTM standards from meter and production areas.
- Responsible for safety and safety record keeping required by BSEE and USCG on such items as weekly/monthly safety meetings, emergency evacuation and response plan, abandon platform, boarding personnel briefing on emergency procedures, etc.
- Operates, tests, maintains, repairs and record keeps required data on all safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart.
- Other duties as required.
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3-4 years of experience required in oil and gas production, or accelerated on the job training in lieu of 4 yrs.
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; 5+ years offshore deepwater production operating experience preferred.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
Wood is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.