Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: Up to £0.00 per year
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Location: Tomball, TX
Reports to: Applications and Estimating Manager
Department: Inside sales
Supervisory Responsibilities Y/N: N
Overview: Responsible for preparing cost estimates and write ups.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN ESTIMATING FOR PRESSURE VESSEL MANUFACTURER OR PROCESS MODULAR EQUIPMENT.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
Essential functions may include the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list of tasks is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions in this class perform all of the duties listed, nor does it necessarily list all possible duties that may be assigned.
* Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents while exercising discretion and independent judgment with regard to significant business matters.
* Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
* Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
* Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
* Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
* Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Understands the principles of estimating, quantity takeoff, costing, and pricing
* Assists or performs change order estimates
* Prepares bid packages
* Interacts with vendors to obtain material quotes and maintain current vendor material costs log
* Provides detailed lists of criteria and any inclusions or exclusions in an estimate for use in written proposal to the customer
* Effectively communicates with Sales and Operations to maintain a consistent workflow
* Works with Sales and Project Managers to prepare pricing change requests
* Possess essential knowledge of industry specifications and standards such as AGA3, ASME Code (Section I, II, & VIII), ANSI (B31.3 & B31.1), NACE MR-0175, API ...etc.
* Possess experience in Submittal Preparation and Specification Review
* Utilizes historical data
* Collects and correlates necessary project-related cost and schedule data needed to determine equipment, material, subcontract, labor, expenses, and such indirects as engineering, taxes, etc. (Ensures accuracy of estimates by working closely with Project Team members to understand scope and details of project)
* Drives and contributes to the department continuous improvement culture.
* Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
* All other duties as assigned by management
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
High school diploma or equivalent
BS Degree in Engineering will be a Plus
Min 3 years of relevant experience.
Working knowledge of Autocad (basic), Excel, Word
Energy Resourcing is a leading supplier of specialist human capital to energy and resource focused customers in Asia, Australia, the United States, and Europe and beyond. We provide a range of innovative contracting services and recruitment solutions to some of the world’s leading companies for all stages of the project lifecycle in the upstream and downstream energy and resource development industries. This includes personnel for professional engineering, construction management, project management, inspection, quality assurance, health and safety and other essential services and support activities. Our global customers include oilfield operating companies, major engineering design and construction contractors, refining and petrochemical projects, project management contractors and the growing alternative energy industry.
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to s and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers’ service expectations are second-to-none. Wherever you require people, we can provide them, office-based, site-based, offshore, fly in/out, on a staff or contract basis, we can assist with one individual or an entire team.