Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Field Service Engineer (Control Systems) for a permanent position, located in either their Westhill office in Aberdeen, or head office in Lincoln, England. The majority of the role is offshore based, with around 40% of time based in either of these offices.
- The Field Service Engineer (Controls) will ensure and provide technical expertise in all aspects of control systems for gas turbines.
- The role holder will be required to carry out service, repair, installation and commissioning of control systems at customer sites, identifying areas requiring upgrade and refurbishment.
- To support the production of Tenders, writing of functional design specifications and, ensuring that projects are engineered and delivered on time in accordance with requirements.
- Carrying out scheduled maintenance activities on Gas and Steam Turbine Control Systems as per requirements, at both onshore and offshore sites worldwide.
- Attending site to conduct breakdown fault-finding, diagnosis and remedial actions, often at short notice.
- Lead the site engineering of new projects, upholding the company's technical and commercial interests.
- Contribution is via the engineering expertise in control systems, having knowledge of operation and maintenance, along with inputs to the tender, design, manufacture and installation phases of control system projects.
- The role holder is expected to be flexible to work in an office environment or on-site for significant periods of time.
- Technical knowledge of gas turbine control systems is essential, including PLC operation and control as well as fuel systems, instrumentation systems (RTD / TC / mA loop / AC / DC) and associated control.
- Knowledge of PLC technology and associated programming skills is essential.
- Knowledge of GEC gas turbine controls and / or other analogue systems would be preferred.
- Knowledge and / or experience of steam turbine controls systems would also be an advantage.
- Degree level education or equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years' experience of PLC based control systems on multiple platforms would be preferred.
- An up-to-date and proven track record, working on hardware and software for the control of gas turbines is essential, including commissioning and Installation site experience.