Other Skills: Rig Superintendent, Valid IWCF Cert on Sup level
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
- Min 8 years relevant experience in the land drilling business with a minimum of 3 years as a Rig Superintendent.
- Arabic speaking
- PC literate in Microsoft Office.
- A valid IWCF or Wellsharp Well Control Certificate, Supervisory level.
- Knowledge of the rig equipment and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of the drilling and well construction processes and basics of well engineering, including downhole issues and its mitigations.
- Understanding of procurement and logistic processes.
- Able to demonstrate budgetary control experience and cost awareness.
- Demonstrate excellent safety leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to manage personnel.
- Ability to build customer relationships.
- Preferred but not mandatory: Technical school degree.
Job Description Summary:
To direct and control all operational functions of the rigs under his supervision, including safety, drilling, moving, logistics (material + personnel) and maintenance. Ensure that assigned rigs are performing with minimum possible NPT, as per the Customer provided Well Programs and up to the Customer and Company's standards. Coordinate all phases of the rig's operations in a safe, effective and efficient manner, including management of sub-contractors services.
- To ensure integrity and compliance to applicable certification requirements of the rig equipment.
- To provide technical support and information whenever required or deemed necessary by operations or client.
- To manage and oversee the utilization of resources, equipment and personnel to minimize NPT.
- To ensure the Company's Management System is utilized routinely at a high standard.
- To verify and approve Rig Move plans and to ensure the rig moves are performed efficiently and within the outlined KPIs.
- To plan and coordinate repairs of the rig equipment.
- To control and minimize operational costs.
- To plan monthly and annual budgets (CAPEX and R&M).
- To provide the most cost effective means of maintaining company's equipment to the highest standards and contractual requirements.
- To ensure that spares and consumables usage are kept under reasonable control, without affecting the efficiency of the operations or the quality of the maintenance.
- To demonstrate effective safety leadership.
- To implement Company Quality and HSSE standards.
- To ensure that all operations are conducted safely.
- To address QHSSE issues at the time of their identification.
- To investigate accidents and to ensure the corrective actions are implemented in order to avoid accident reoccurrence.
- Ensure Waste Management Plan is adhered to.
- Review and approve Emergency Response Plans.
People Management :
- Maintain regular contact with rig staff by personally visiting rigs / yards.
- Appraise each direct report annually on a constant rolling feedback basis.
- To encourage personal development for succession planning through the company.
- Ensure that training programs are maintained in line with training matrix.
- Recommend competency based promotions, salary changes, transfers and disciplinary measures where identified.
- Take immediate action on performance improvement issues and live a direct response culture (positive and negative) to the employee, secure a prompt feedback including written warning letters in corporation with HR when necessary.
Customer Relations :
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships. React prompt on client requirements with regard to material, equipment and personal and provide technical advice where needed and as required.
- Has to keep good communications with the client representatives and make sure misunderstanding or bad communication does not develop within the people working on the rig.
- Is in charge of keeping the client informed of the rig progress and any operational problem through regular meetings and/or written reporting agreed with client.