Skills: Business Development, Commercial Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
We are currently recruiting a Senior Commercial Negotiator for our offices in the UK to negotiate and administer upstream oil and gas commercial agreements.
The Key responsibilities are:
- To negotiate and administer upstream oil and gas commercial agreements including:
- Joint venture agreements
- Field development agreements
- Transportation, processing, operating services agreements
- Legacy gas sales agreements
- Asset sale and purchase agreements
- Farm out agreements
- To advise on possible terms for new/ amended commercial agreements and their implications and seek a mandate from Management for bidding and negotiation.
- To inform and consult with other departments in order to negotiate terms that fully take account of all relevant technical, financial and legal/ regulatory issues and to ensure that Eni UK communicates a consistent message to external parties.
- To ensure that negotiations are conducted in accordance with the Commercial Code of Practice.
- To present to Management the terms of agreements and their implications once negotiated and obtain approval to execute.
- To maintain a dialogue with contracted parties in order to gauge their intentions regarding notices, profiles, contract extensions, etc. and towards furthering Eni UK business relationships.
- To liaise with co-venturers and potential business partners in order to investigate mutually beneficial opportunities.
- To administer the hydrocarbon trading activities (oil, gas and CO2 emission allowances) with Eni Trading & Shipping
- To monitor competitor commercial activity within the Eni UK geographic area.
- To keep the Contracts Database up to date
- To ensure full adherence to the Company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and standards.
- To fully comply with Eni Code of Ethics and Law 231 principles.
Permanent, local, residential.
- Good understanding of value analysis, able to commission and interrogate economic models
- Good understanding of the elements of E&P legal agreements, able to analyse agreements, identify issues and summarise the position of parties to the agreement
- Exposure to mergers and acquisitions
- Organised, able to stay on top of multiple assets and negotiations.
- High level on decision making
- Negotiation skills
- Degree in a related field.
- Previous relevant experience in upstream sector engaged in a broad range of commercial negotiation activities.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. With more than 33,000 employees working across 73 countries, our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through an ambitious strategic plan, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
ENI is ranked in the Global Top 30 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.