Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Midland, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of MCBU - Asset Integrity Fixed Equipment Inspector located in Midland, TX Texas / United States through December 19, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
The successful candidate will be directly responsible for planning, performing and overseeing asset integrity inspections on pipelines/fixed equipment within their area of responsibility in MCBU.
Key Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Interface with Operations, FE, Central Maintenance and IMPACT teams to implement successful and economical inspection campaigns and repairs
- Participate in RCA Investigations that relate to fixed equipment failures due to material design and/or corrosion & erosion issues.
- Review inspection reports, prepare inspection summaries and generate repair recommendations.
- Responsible for evaluating inspection results to ensure continued reliable service of fixed equipment.
- Complete Fitness for Service evaluations, identifying areas of concern and developing corrective action plans.
- Support work management process, scheduling, scoping, and Preventative/Predictive Maintenance (PM/PdM) development.
- Review reports with teams and coordinate equipment repair plans providing technical counsel on corrective methods and techniques.
- A high schoold degree or equivialent required
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in inspection and repair of pipelines, refining, chemical and/or gas plant equipment.
- Current API 570, API 653, API 510 or National Board Commission, CWI, UT/MT Level II (or the ability to obtain required certifications within the first 12 months)
- Provenexperience in inspection and repair of pipeline, refining, chemical and/or gas plant equipment.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding & knowledge of API/ASME codes and DOT CFR 49 192/195 standards.
- Strong back ground in planning and execution of inspection work and turnarounds.
- Comprehensive understanding of the design, corrosion mechanisms and repair of fixed equipment within upstream surface equipment operations.
- In-depth experience in preforming fitness for service evaluations on fixed equipment for continued reliable service.
- Maintains positive working relations with Operations, Maintenance, FE, Construction Reps, Inspectors and contractors.
- Proficient in scheduling inspections and maintaining fixed equipment records within the Inspection Data Management System (IDMS) and Central Maintenance Management System (CMMS) data bases.
- Demonstrated understanding of the various types of inspection technics used for detecting damage mechanisms on fixed equipment in accordance with industry standards.
- Experience demonstrating a clear commitment to HES and exhibit Incident and Injury free leadership behaviors.
- Ability to prepare inspection reports with recommendations for corrective action
- Strong teamwork and communication skills (both written & verbal); demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively across a multi-disciplinary groups.
- Ability to foster cooperation/ collaboration to improve business results.
- Proficient understanding and working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and IDMS management software.
- Previous experience and/or training in Risk Based Inspection (API 580), Fitness for Service (API 579) and Damage Mechanisms (API 571).
- API 1169 Certification
- NACE Certification is desirable.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Midland
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.
Chevron is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's Ideal Employer Rankings - find out more here.