Skills: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technician, Electrician
Other Skills: Surveyor, Chief Electrician, Senior Electrician, Electircal, Engineering, Drilling, Rig, Oil field services
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Part Time Contractor
Salary: USD 350 - 450 max per day, depending on experience and skill sets.
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Electrical Surveyor for the Middle East - Drilling Services - Contractor on demand/On-call requirement
Job ID: 27295
Department: Energy - Drilling Integrity Engineering and Consultancy Services
Job title: Electrical Surveyor
Position category: Technical
# of open positions for this role: Two
Possible work locations: Client sites/locations across the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, and India
Preferred candidate base location: Preference will be given to candidates who are already based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) or Saudi Arabia or Oman or Kuwait or India on a valid residence visa/work permit sponsored by their spouse or having their own valid visa arrangements as per local regulations or am a local national. We are also open to considering local nationals of and currently based in other countries in the wider ME&A region like Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, Algeria, South Africa, and India, etc., who can quickly mobilise for our Client requirements when required; Lloyd's Register will process appropriate Mission/Business visa's for work for such candidates and the travel to the work location/site and accommodation arrangements will either be made by Lloyd's Register or by the Client.
Position type: This position will be on a Contractor on demand/On-call basis. We will have an agreed contract in place beforehand, and you will be required to quickly mobilise as per the nature of the Client requirements we get from time to time. The duration of the work could be for - a few days a week/a few weeks/a few months/back to back rotations depending on the Client needs and nature of the job or project. We will try to plan ahead and give you a visibility of the commitment required from you as early as possible, but sometimes we also get ad-hoc requirements from time to time. The selected candidate will first need to undergo a comprehensive training and competency authorisation process before attending our requirements.
Day rate: USD 350 - 450 max per day, depending on experience and skill sets.
Lloyd's Register (LR) is a global engineering, technical and business services organisation wholly owned by the Lloyd's Register Foundation, a UK charity dedicated to research and education in science and engineering and with a rich legacy of over 250 years. We are one of the world's leading organisations providing independent risk assurance and expert advice to companies operating high-risk, capital-intensive assets.
Founded in 1760 as a Marine classification society, LR now operates across many industry sectors like Energy, Marine & Offshore, Engineering, and Business Assurance & Inspection with a long-standing reputation for integrity, impartiality, and technical excellence. Our professional services are designed to help Clients around the world to achieve their business goals while optimising safety and quality of their assets and people and even protecting and improving the environment. We are helping businesses around the world to improve the safety, reliability, and performance of their assets as they tackle some of the largest and most complex challenges in the commercial world.
With headquarters in London, over 8,000 employees and offices in 238 locations covering 186 countries, we can deliver bold new solutions in the harshest conditions, facing the toughest problems. Moreover, we combine our global reach with deep local knowledge - you'll find our teams at work all over the world!
Our Drilling Integrity Engineering and Consultancy Services provides Clients with enhanced equipment availability, reliability and maintainability along with improved asset integrity, whether they be a Drilling contractor or an Oil and Gas Operator. This gives Client's an immediate result in improved safety, efficiency, and competitiveness of their drilling operations in any environment, both on and offshore. Our comprehensive services for the Drilling industry include: Rig inspections, Rig surveys and assessments, Asset integrity and maintenance, Compliance and verification, Rig intake & selection, Rig reactivation, QHSE and risk management, Transaction advisory, and Training and Crew Assessments.
Following our acquisition of WEST Engineering Services (2012) and ModuSpec (2008), we offer the world's most comprehensive suite of technical services to owners and operators of drilling rigs. Our world class services and support is recognised globally, with our reputation for technical excellence, safety, and trust speaking for itself, having inspected over 80% of the world's offshore oil rigs.
Due to increasing demand from Client's in the Middle East for Drilling Services, we are now looking to recruit a 'Electrical Surveyor' on a Contractor on demand/On-call basis. The role will offer excellent opportunities for both personal and professional development.
What are we looking for?
- Skilled tradesman diploma or college/university degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, OHS, or any other relevant discipline
- Have at least 7-10 years relevant experience in a technical role within the Oil and Gas industry with drilling/oil field experience, preferably with 3-5 years as a Senior Electrician or Chief Electrician working with electrical maintenance teams.
- Track record in working with Clients in the Middle East will be preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in the English language along with the ability to write excellent technical reports.
- Good commercial acumen and appreciation of Client relationship management.
- Competent in using the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Be in excellent health to be able to travel and work on our Clients sites and locations.
Key behavioural competencies: Customer focus, teamwork, professional expertise, problem-solving, and delivering results.
What will you be doing?
Decades of experience have enabled LR Energy - Drilling to identify, capture, and categorize industry-critical information which are utilized throughout the business for the benefit of our Clients, the business, and you as a Mechanical Surveyor. In addition, our global operations ensures 24x7 access to unrivalled technical expertise all of which enables you to excel in your field and further develop your expertise and skills.
Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Deliver technical services to Clients across the Middle East in accordance with the agreed scope of work and/or variation order under minimal supervision and in accordance with the LR Management System service specifications, methodology, tools, and processes to ensure continuous high performance and promote continuous improvement. Conducts such activities also in line with external procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation, and industry standards.
- Undertake specific and routine administrative responsibilities as required in line with current processes and procedures using the appropriate LR systems.
- Be able to execute work within own discipline and speciality training with minimal supervision. Deliver high-quality reports/certificates/documents consistently (equivalent to ratings 3 or above) in the agreed format and on time. Discuss and present the deliverables to external Clients at all levels and able to suggest alternative solutions where appropriate.
- Capable of working and contributing as a team member, provide project updates to stakeholders, and deals adequately and timely with project related issues.
- Open for (sales) opportunities on the job for LR services and feedback to office operations and sales.
- Build rapport with both external Clients and internal stakeholders and other service providers in such a way that consistently positive feedback is received and required back by the same Client/stakeholder.
- Continue professional development: Keep up with the of LR Technical Authorization framework in respect of the role, service and seniority requirements. Obtains at least 1 SME (technical) certification outside the base discipline. Assist in identifying new technical systems, techniques, and equipment and communicate these towards the Technical Support Team. Assist the same by identifying emerging knowledge and providing recommendations for the continuous improvement and customization of the inspection checklist and inspection techniques.