Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD80 - CAD90 per hour
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.Our client is currently seeking an Senior Cost Specialist in the Calgary area. Candidates must be local or have accommodations in the area as no LOA will be provided.
The Cost Specialist is responsible for the management, tracking and accurate reporting of cost, schedule and planning related to activities on assigned projects, while ensuring project reporting is aligned with the company's business practices, goals and objectives.
- Implement project controls systems to track costs
- Ensure all costs and hours expended on the project are allocated to the correct budget accounts
- Validate contractor submittals for agreed-upon rates and correct coding
- Work with Inspectors to review and approve reports for accuracy
- Work with Contracts Administrator to ensure contractor invoices, coding, amounts, and reported quantities are in line with contract terms
- Update and monitor project performance; verify actual progress and resources versus planned
- Ensure contractors are tracking the progress of their work, utilizing scorecards to report earned value and overall scope completion percentages
- Work with project Cost Coordinators to implement project controls plan and strategies
- Collaborate with Engineering Cost Associates to manage invoice and work orders
- Work with Contracts Administrator to ensure Project Controls deliverables are being received and to formalize Contract Changes related to cost and schedule.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Related university degree or technical diploma and minimum of 8-10 years directly related experience, equivalent combination of field operations experience and education will be considered
- SAP and Ecosys experience is an asset
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Experience with oil, gas or petrochemical facility construction is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present data and analysis
- Ability to apply project controls principles to multi-discipline projects
- Working knowledge of planning & scheduling work processes related to construction project controls
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in established deadlines
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.