Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Construction Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Rotational Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: Europe
WorleyParsons are currently looking for a Field Construction Engineer to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based offshore on a permanent basis, working on a 3/3 rotation.
The Field Construction Engineer provides construction engineering support to construction activity across the Brae field on a 3/3 rotation. You role will predominately be based on Brae Alpha and will travel the other Brae installations as necessary depending on operational requirements.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- General Platform Assistance - Respond to pipework failures and structural integrity issues and advise on available repair options and methods.
- Completion of Platform Repairs - Raise Work Orders, prepare site sketches, compile job packs, request onshore fabrications, order materials, carry out final punch where necessary and close out.
MoC / Studies / Surveys - Liaise with onshore engineering, projects & operations groups to complete surveys, answer queries during work pack development, review construct-ability, support installation phase, raise and issue punch list on completion of piping and structural systems, produce Handover Certificate on job completion and return work pack onshore with relevant as-built drawing mark-ups
- Platform TAR/Shutdowns - Preparation Justification Sheets for tasks to be included in the schedule, Compile TAR/Shutdown Job packs, order materials, Identify pre TAR/Shutdown Hot Bolting Requirements review process isolations, compile spading schedules and advise on planning, manpower and support services.
- Pressure Testing - Compile Test Packs, maintain the Offshore Test Register, witness hydrotests, prepare documentation, confirm reinstated as per drawings and to specification, handover final documentation to QA Engineer, manage records and certification for hydrotest equipment.
- Concessions - Raise concessions in accordance with the Concession Procedure and raise Work Orders for temporary and permanent repairs
- Planning - Assist in prioritising construction tasks, preparation of man-hour estimates, provide feedback on the progress of ongoing work and produce detail plans for individual tasks if required.
- Vendor Coordination - Identify specialist vendor requirements and coordinate between platform departments and specialist vendors.
- Commitment to and promotion of WorleyParsons values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
The Field Construction Engineer will report to the Onshore Implementation / Construction Supervisor. You will have a key interface with the Brae Field Construction Team Leader to provide construction engineering support during the implementation of projects, modifications, repair and remedial works. You will also work closely with the Platform Operations, Maintenance & Integrity teams on and offshore.
- Engineering/Design background with extensive experience working in the oil and gas industry
- Minimum of an HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven track record of providing engineering design and construction services
- Direct experience in the construction of offshore oil and gas production facilities and Brownfield Modifications
- Experience in the preparation of work scopes / work orders and the ordering of materials
- Proficient in the preparation of site design sketches
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications. (ASME, API, ANSI, ASTM etc)
- Be well versed and have good understanding in the use of piping specifications and be able to interpret vendor specifications where necessary.
- Experience in the review of engineering studies, design drawings, documents, and material & equipment specifications and datasheets
- Being able to resolve specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards
- Competent in the preparation of activity planning
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Good team and interpersonal skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Must be flexible and able to adjust priorities according to operational demands
- BOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical - essential for an offshore position
- Experience with SAP business environment.