Skills: HSE Auditing, QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Quality Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining and continuously improving the IMS (Integrated Management System), API Q1 Certification and ensuring that company policies are effectively implemented in the organization. This position is also responsible for providing specialized support for the Company's HSE policies and programs and maintaining compliance with applicable international, federal, state and local health, safety and environmental regulations.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provide QA, QC, HSE services to the Engineering, Project Management and Manufacturing Teams for the delivery of engineered drilling systems, subsystems, equipment and materials. Work with management to create QHSE goals, priorities and key performance measures.
- Set compliance objectives and ensure that targets are achieved.
- Actively participate in and lead cross-functional team efforts as they relate to process improvement and the sharing of QA/QC/HSE knowledge and lessons learned.
- Review, update and manage internal process standards and procedures.
- Record Lessons Learned for future projects and assignments and maintain the IMS Opportunity for Improvement (OFI) program.
- Ensure compliance with applicable national and international standards and legislation.
- Ensure tests and procedures are developed, properly understood, carried out and evaluated.
- Lead efforts for continuous supplier quality improvement through supplier quality audits, supplier performance evaluations, non-conformance and deviation trend analysis and quality incident investigations.
- Participate in the witnessing of Factory Acceptance Testing of procured equipment.
- Conduct audit of subcontractor quality systems, documentation and quality control systems for fabrication, manufacturing, coatings and other special processes.
- Manage & coordinate source inspections through leveraged resources. Identify, select, and manage qualified, local third-party inspectors in the execution of inspection assignments. Review inspection reports and associated data generated during production.
- Assist in the resolution of deviation requests, non-conformances, and other quality-related issues. Lead the evaluation of suppliers and inspectors at the conclusion of each project, Update job knowledge by studying trends in and developments in quality control; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations.
- Ensure QHSE Policies are well communicated, displayed, understood and implemented throughout operation.
- Ensure the Integrated Management System (IMS) is well communicated, understood and implemented throughout the operation and continuously monitoring its effectiveness. Support the IMS Document Management System (DMS) and control process and assist with maintaining the MOC process for the IMS.
- Establish QHSE objectives in line with Global Corporate KPIs.
- Report on the QHSE performance with regular frequency to the Site Manager and Global HSE Team, this includes formal monthly reports.
- Identify, develop and conduct local QHSE training on a regular basis, and track training progress as per requirements.
- Ensure company proactively complies with regulations.
- Ensure all QHSE incidents are reported, investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Maintain QHSE international certifications if applicable.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Parker Drilling may make reasonable accommodations enabling individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Materials Engineering is required, however equivalent industry experience may be considered.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience in Quality Control of drilling systems, subsystems, engineered equipment and materials.
- Internal Quality Auditor experience.
- Working knowledge of quality management systems and their implementation including ISO 9001, API Q1 and API Q2 or equivalent.
- Certified ISO 9001:2008 or API Q1 Lead Auditor highly desired.
- Must have experience in Capital Projects Execution (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and/or Start-up); preferably related to drilling systems.
- Must be experienced in supplier quality auditing (preparation, execution, reporting and follow-up).
- Must have ability to maintain high standards of confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness.
- Must possess excellent management skills.
- Must be objective and capable of making difficult decisions and relaying the message to staff in a professional manner.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter who is able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Must have good PC skills including all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal English communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Previous QHSE experience is recommended.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability to include depth perception, peripheral vision and rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position will typically work in a climate controlled building in the corporate office of Parker Drilling.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.